Football 2011/12 Football Season

I have to admit, as a lifelong Chelsea fan, after all we'd already been through and Mata had already missed his penalty, I was bricking it when David Luiz stepped up to take his potshot, with what seemed like a 20 yard run up...ROFL

Well it's adios to Didier Drogba, a legend of the Premier League in his own right. Even if you didn't like Drogba you can't deny the guys talent. He's been Chelsea's rock for many years and will be long loved by their fans for many years.

Plus Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been ruled out of the running for the Aston Villa job. Surely Paul Lambert is red hot favourite for the position now! But don't rule out Alan Curbishley for the job aswell.

Also gutted Mourinho's signed up to Real Madrid until 2016, would have loved him back in the PL for this season :(.

Although Drogba's 'playing dead' antics have at times been extremely irritating, even for Chelsea fans like me, he has never been a dirty player and has always been very sporting. Witness his immediate and genuine consolation of Robben and Schweinsteiger after beating them in Saturday night's final.

He will be missed at the Bridge, that's for sure.

But it's a new era now; let's hope that Torres can now step up to the plate.

Well justice has provilled, Barton banned for 12 matches and fined £75,000 for his violent conduct. Which will now leave him out of QPR's side until November. Well done the FA you've done good handling this!

So what does everyone think of Sepp Blatter's idea to scrap penalties after Bayern lose? I find it ridiculous but I do think a game of Fifa would be better to decide the game...

I've always thought they should just keep playing extra time but removing one player from each side every three minutes, with the goalkeepers removed at half time so the steadily diminishing teams would then play 'rush goalies' for the last 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom