2010 - Summary

FB, I think you can finalise the engines for Sauber and Toro Rosso now, can't you?

They're both taking Ferrari engines AFAIK.

rufus_mcdufus said:
De la Rosa to Sauber 'signed and sealed' apparently. I'm frankly rather amazed at their choice if so.

He has extensive knowledge of McLaren's cutting edge F1 simulator. ;)

Is Spain hot or not?

Is Spain going to warm up enough for decent winter testing?
They struggled last year and the winter was relatively mild in the UK. Things look a little cooler this year and I don't see it warming significantly by February...

Lets face it there wasn't a problem in the past with unlimited testing. But these days the test teams really have got their work cut out for them. They've got to get a lot of information together to make a half decent car and setup for all those fly away races at the front of the season!

They'd better start booking those flights to Bahrain. 8-)

Jose Maria Lopez to US F1 on the recommendation of Carlos Reutemann and with backing of the Argentine government.

From the BBC website:

They are understood to be close to signing the Argentine ex-Formula 3000 driver Jose Maria Lopez, who was recommended to Windsor by F1 legend Carlos Reutemann, now a powerful politician in his home country.

Lopez is believed to have the backing of the Argentine government in his bid to be an F1 driver.

The identity of the man in line to be their second race driver and reserve driver is not yet known.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80823

Some musical chairs within the management of Virgin. For some reason the team manager, Alex Tai, has left after just a month in the job. Some wooly statements about "new challenges" and "proud of what we've achieved in a short space of time" don't really explain much.

Shouldn't affect the team too much but a blip all the same.

rufus_mcdufus said: De la Rosa to Sauber 'signed and sealed' apparently. I'm frankly rather amazed at their choice if so.

Or maybe not.

With the news that PDLR is testing the Mclaren on day one of the new season that means he's most likely staying put. Which means that Fisi is the new name in the frame for the vacant Sauber seat.

Apparently it's got something to do with Sauber having Ferrari engines and Ferrari looking for a team to keep the new Ferrari test driver sharp during the season. Hmmmmmmm

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html

Back
Top Bottom