Grand Prix 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

So here we go then! The winner as ABBA said, takes it all (well at least, takes it all into the final round in the middle east at any rate). The loser on the other hand is out of it and at what better track to sort the men from the boys than Brazil. It also looks like it could be a wet weekend which should add even more spice to the mix. Remember last year and the confusion that was the wet/dry qualification and how Button silenced a few of his critics with a storming drive to finally put his name on the title?

Who will be the driver that leaves his mark on this weekend? I know for a lot of people it would be great to see a Mark on the top step and this is a track where the RBR cars know how to win.

Expect to see the Brazilian drivers such as Massa and Barichello put in some impressive performances. Barichello has led at this track on several occasions including a couple of stunning drives with both Stewart and Jordan. With an improved Williams under him, can he upset the top 10?

Turn one, for me, is one of the finest corners at any track. Make a mistake and you have an unforgiving pit wall on your left and to the right you become a passenger as your car sails across a grass strip and into a tyre wall. The lucky drivers manage to hold it all together to struggle to bring the car back on line just after turn two. Getting away cleanly at the start is so important here and I fully expect to see several cars taking to the outside of the circuit and going on that country drive.

There isn't much more I can add. The whole focus of the weekend will be on the first couple of rows but it's been shown in the past that with a good, balanced car and unpredictable weather, a driver can come through from almost anywhere on the grid to stand on the podium. All I can say is, Bring it on...........

If you've forgot (and it wasn't widely reported) Mark Webber won the Brazilian Grand Prix last year. Whether this will give him the confidence to do well again this year is a difficult question (since he's never returned to the scene of a previous victory before).

The last 5 World Champions have been crowned at Interlagos, only Kimi Raikkonen of those actually won the race, and Ferrari have won 3 of the last 4. Of the last 10 winners, only 3 times has the race been won by anyone who has ever won the WDC (Schumi 2000, 02; Raikkonen 07) and all of those were Ferrari drivers who won the title that year! (The other winners were DC, JPM (2), Felipe (baby)(2) and Maaaaark)

Another intresting point is that Lewis Hamilton has never led a lap in Brazil and he's nearly lost 2 championships here until Glock in 08 helped him win.

I think that there will be 3 contenders going into Abu Dhabi: Alonso and the 2 Red Bulls, separated by 10 points :thumbsup:

LifeW12 said:
Lewis Hamilton has never led a lap in Brazil and he's nearly lost 2 championships here until Glock in 08 helped him win
I'll have to correct you there; Glock helped no-one to the title in 2008. Hamilton helped himself, by overtaking the German's Toyota. :thumbsup:

Brogan said:
Hokey cokey time at HRT again.

Yamamoto out, Klien in.

I wonder if Yamamoto has food poisoning again? :rolleyes:

They have to find some way of paying for next years shiny new gearbox and Klien's sponsors are just the ticket.

Brogan said:
Hokey cokey time at HRT again.

Yamamoto out, Klien in.

I wonder if Yamamoto has food poisoning again?

This may not be a bad idea, interlagos is always madcap, especially with rain forecast. Also they had their best setup at korea, which is similar to brazil ( fast section, and a slow section) so the seup couls be good. They have decided to put thier best driver in, who was 1 second lap quicker than senna in singapore, in a hope of gettting 11th or 12th place.

On the other hand they might just be poor. :s

So, there's another strike at the BBC. Anyone know if coverage will be affected?

I don't understand strikes. Annoying millions of people is probably the most effective way of destroying any amount of sympathy there might be for your cause. Oh well.

chreden said:
So, there's another strike at the BBC. Anyone know if coverage will be affected?

I don't understand strikes. Annoying millions of people is probably the most effective way of destroying any amount of sympathy there might be for your cause. Oh well.

It seems its just the news and some radio programs that will be affected. 5 Live will be broadcasting more recorded shows instead of live broadcasts, I'll see if I can find out if the GP coverage is still going ahead.

EDIT:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/programmes/schedules

Coverage going ahead as planned for F1. :thumbsup:

It's the journalists who are striking, therefore, very little impact on the BBC's output...

I'm sure they would appreciate public sympathy, I'm equally sure that they'll appreciate getting the pension deal they want a lot more.

1st practise pretty much as expected. The true pace of the Ferrari won't be shown until Saturday as they are using old engines today.

It appears that Red Bull have the best package, but it looks like Mclaren Hamilton is on a par with Alonso which makes qualifying, (which is likely to be wet) but it looks like at the moment, Alonso is 4th fastest in the least reliable car, but knowing this year, things can change in an instance

I don't take any notice of the practice sessions anymore.
It's quite clear that Red Bull have been sandbagging for most of the year.

Just found out about alonso's engine, it had done way more than the normal milage, and was expeccted to expire within 5 minutes, so no real worry at ferrari. Engine 7 is now in and will also do dubai sat/sunday..

Which means the silly parc fermé rules will now dictate whether they go for a rubbish qualifying with a dry setup or compromise their race with a wet setup.

Back
Top Bottom