Grand Prix 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

So here we go then! The winner as ABBA said, takes it all (well at least, takes it all into the final round in the middle east at any rate). The loser on the other hand is out of it and at what better track to sort the men from the boys than Brazil. It also looks like it could be a wet weekend which should add even more spice to the mix. Remember last year and the confusion that was the wet/dry qualification and how Button silenced a few of his critics with a storming drive to finally put his name on the title?

Who will be the driver that leaves his mark on this weekend? I know for a lot of people it would be great to see a Mark on the top step and this is a track where the RBR cars know how to win.

Expect to see the Brazilian drivers such as Massa and Barichello put in some impressive performances. Barichello has led at this track on several occasions including a couple of stunning drives with both Stewart and Jordan. With an improved Williams under him, can he upset the top 10?

Turn one, for me, is one of the finest corners at any track. Make a mistake and you have an unforgiving pit wall on your left and to the right you become a passenger as your car sails across a grass strip and into a tyre wall. The lucky drivers manage to hold it all together to struggle to bring the car back on line just after turn two. Getting away cleanly at the start is so important here and I fully expect to see several cars taking to the outside of the circuit and going on that country drive.

There isn't much more I can add. The whole focus of the weekend will be on the first couple of rows but it's been shown in the past that with a good, balanced car and unpredictable weather, a driver can come through from almost anywhere on the grid to stand on the podium. All I can say is, Bring it on...........

Well his average finish position seems to be about 1 lap behind the leader so on paper you woulld have to say no.

However, as we've seen this season, position is everything and cars with an advantage of several seconds per lap are still unable to overtake so if he can stay ahead at the start then he has a great opportunity to take the win.

I expect that would suit Alonso very well as that's 7 less point those in front of him can pick up.

If the finish positions are the same as the grid then the points going into Abu Dhabi will be:

Fernando Alonso		241
Mark Webber 235
Sebastian Vettel 224
Lewis Hamilton 222
Jenson Button 189

If its a 4 way decider at Abu Dhabi I wonder how many spectators will actually turn up :thinking:

Those points won't be correct because they suggest that one of the non-contenders wins the race and only Kubica or Massa would be able to on pace

LifeW12 said:
If its a 4 way decider at Abu Dhabi I wonder how many spectators will actually turn up :thinking:

Those points won't be correct because they suggest that one of the non-contenders wins the race and only Kubica or Massa would be able to on pace

You mean apart from the guy on pole who has the best set-up for a dry race? If, for example, the compromise set up of the next 4 guys costs them 0.5-1sec a lap, then that could be just enough for Nico H to stay ahead, particularly if his set up is kinder to the tyres. I'm not saying it will be, but it has to be taken into consideration.

It did look like Lewis was going to finish P2 before his last run, so there could be something in that.

Can't take anything away from the Incredible :dunno: Hulk though, not even with predictions of impending doom.
It also puts Vettel and Webber on a collision course quite possibly!

Time to put bets on who webber will crash into on the first lap. Will it be vettel or hulkenberg who tries a desperado on? Does anyone know if the track is still damp?

Just to refresh everyone's memory, here was the dramatic start to last year's race. Wonder if Webber will be as aggressive with a Ferrari this year?

The with vettel and rbr good at dubai, it could mean the race is like this - vet,web,alo. This means vettel would have to give way for webber to win, comlicatinng situation...

I was having the same thought - would Alonso complain if that happened to deny him the championship?? Would Vettel and RBR accept letting Vettel move aside to let Mark win? I assume so but Im not certain :o I think, all things considered that scenario may well happen and also it is probably the right result ... certain amount of poetic justice. (and a 100 000 fine for RBR)

Interesting piece on the BBC website suggesting Vettel could help Webber win the title in Abu Dhabi. The stupidity of the comments from Vettel and Horner in this article is that the best opportunity Red Bull had to support Webber's title challenge was this afternoon in Brazil as Webber would now be in front of Alonso in the WDC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 165118.stm

Ho hum, what do I know...

I can understand why they didn't make them switch, as Vettel is still in with a chance. All it takes is for Alonso to retire at Abu Dhabi and Vettel will win on count back if he beats Webber. Had they made the two of them switch, that option would be gone. Not saying I like it, but I can understand why.

KekeTheKing said:
Just to refresh everyone's memory, here was the dramatic start to last year's race. Wonder if Webber will be as aggressive with a Ferrari this year?
Thanks for that, I've not seen it before. :o

Back
Top Bottom