2010 Abu Dhabi GP Practice, Qualifying and Race Discussion

Brogan said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso beats Hamilton to the first corner as off the racing line is quite slippery apparently.

Last year, basically, everyone went through in grid order though.

No action on the Massa - Hamilton incident apparently.

"The stewards have decreed that the Massa/Hamilton thing was, maybe not a 'racing incident,' but perhaps an 'out-lap' incident, so no action"

teabagyokel said:
Brogan said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso beats Hamilton to the first corner as off the racing line is quite slippery apparently.

Last year, basically, everyone went through in grid order though.

There was nothing to lose there

Here there's a world championship at stake so plenty of fireworks are to be expected

It's on mornings like today that I really miss the old warm-up sessions.

Imagine if you knew just before the race that with full tanks Webber was lapping half a second quicker than the pack, with Hamilton and say Kubica next up, and perhaps Alonso and Vettel down in 8th and 12th

Well that was unexpected.

Really bad strategy from Red Bull.....for Mark Webber.
And a dreadful decision from Ferrari to bring Alonso in to cover him off.

I expect Kubica and Petrov lost a few friends during this race.

Congratulations to Vettel though, even if this is the first time he has been ahead in the points.

congratulations to Vettel. He never set a foot wrong, and though I would have preferred Webber win the title, I am really glad that Alonso didn't win it.

Petrov did a great job, as did RK, making the Renault look pretty good.

Congrats to Vettel, he's made a few mistakes and had some mechanical problems this year but credit where credit is due he's come back very strong in the last two races with two dominant performances when it mattered.

Race was a bit dull and the Renaults kind of ruined it for me - holding Lewis up from battling with Seb and Petrov for keeping Alonso from attacking Rosberg. Not their fault but if those scenarios had happened it would have been extremely tense!

Brilliant drive by Vettel and deserving World Champion. But Petrov really sealed Alonso's fate by keeping him behind. And Renault took revenge from him for leaving the team. Webber was very poor today. He could not stay close enough to pass Alonso, even when Alonso made mistake he was not there. And Massa has learnt how STR handles having spent whole race behind Algersauri. Kubica and Rosberg also drove good today. It was so surprising that in the end it was Schumacher's crash which cost Alonso the title.

Crap track, crap race-cars, crap race.

Somehow this season produced the dullest on-track action in history (once you eliminate the GP2 category cars and wet races).

We need refueling back, a tyre war, an engine war and ground effects.

DOF_power said:

Somehow this season produced the dullest on-track action in history (once you eliminate the GP2 category cars and wet races).

The best season of F1 since I've been watching and this is your response! :thinking: ...32 years

Thank goodness for the abolition of refuelling and for the entire 2010 season for demonstrating the folly of the previous 16 years.

DOF_power said:

1. No it didnt, at the front weve seen some great action (and incidents, look at Turkey)
2. Refulling wouldn't help really, it would make overtaking worse as people would wait until stops more so than now
3. We already have an engine war with Mercedes Renault Ferrari and Cosworth

Brogan said:
Well that was unexpected.

Really bad strategy from Red Bull.....for Mark Webber.

Really good strategy for Reb Bull, I would imaghine Webber has been numerated in some way to follow team strategy! Ferrari were the suckers here, they followed the bloke who led them into a trap....

teabagyokel said:
Brogan said:
I expect Kubica and Petrov lost a few friends during this race.

Only from those arsey enough to hold it against them, which I get the feeling that Lewis and Mark probably aren't...

Got to agree, it's not as if the Renault's held them up as they were back markers, they were racing as good as the others.

Loved Alonso's Tantrum @ the end, sorry but if you can't pass a Renault in god knows how many laps you don't ddeserve to be Champion for a 3rd time.

Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel. A worthy champion - he made the best use of the equipment over the whole season. OK, he made the odd mistake on a few occasions ( :whistle: ), but he won the Championship in the 'right way' by winning the last race of the year... And it was nice to hear some genuine emotion when he was told he was the Champion over the team radio. :)

Back
Top Bottom