1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll Who will get the Williams 2nd seat?

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Greenlantern101, Sep 15, 2017.

?
  1. Massa

21.1%
  2. Di Resta

21.1%
  3. Palmer

10.5%
  4. Kubica

26.3%
  5. Other

21.1%
  1. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Might as well call upon Bruno Senna as well seeing the same Senna might also generate good PR

Wehrlein has no chance if Martini insists on a driver over 25 years old and Stroll is pretty much locked into the other seat with his Dad's money

Depending on what article you read some say Kubica is the favourite ..and the sources from Sky say Di Resta is in a good shout :)thinking: some biased PR no doubt routing for one of their guys)

THe BBC article also states that whilst Lawrence Stroll funds his son ( the team) he does not have a say in the other driver choice which contradicts somewhat another article

For goodness sake for the second year running Massa is only considered because there are not any supposedly quality drivers left

I am surprised Williams have not thought about looking at someone from Formula E like Sam Bird who deserves a shot or even Nick Heidfeld which would tick the boxes for both Martini and Mercedes

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Max Chilton.

Bill Boddy and RasputinLives like this.
  4. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    gethinceri Interesting choice but I am sure Lawrence Stroll has much deeper pockets to fund Lance than Max's Dad

I might as well throw Jordan King following after you

5. Road of Bones

Road of Bones MTC Mole Premium Contributor

I'd love to see Sam Bird in there - I thought it was criminal that he never got a shot at F1.

Won't happen though...

6. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Wehrlein isn't 25.

7. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Neither am I.
    It's the only reason they haven't called.

8. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Has that actually ever worked for anyone?

Best way to generate good PR is to either go fast or employ Kamui Kobayashi.

9. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Good idea, at least they'd have to consistent drivers.

10. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ermmmm I think you might be underestimating the good news story and the great PR a top driver, thought to have had a career ending injury, returning to a seat will generate. This ain't no famous name PR.

I think his junior career, podium, front row start and continuing improvement this season might have something to do with it as well - otherwise they really would still be running Bruno Senna

11. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

No, because his sponsors pulled at the end of 2012, just like his dad should’ve years earlier.

12. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    teabagyokel Examples of good PR

i) Sign a world champion driver - Not an option for Williams because Button has no interest in being an also ran

ii) Sign a young upcoming driver that makes your engine supplier happy - Not going to happen because the title sponsor demands ironically "Responsible driving" image

iii) Sign a driver based on nationality of the engine partner - Vettel - no chance , Wehrlein see above , Heidfeld - too old , Hulkenberg already contracted elsewhere

iv) Sign a driver based on a famous name of past legends - done that worked with Villeneuve , Hill and Rosberg but did not work with Senna
    In extreme case Toyota - signed Schumacher but the wrong one :facepalm:

v) Sign a driver who is heavily backed to give you good PR for sponsors- Lance is not there advertise his Dad's brand last I checked ,

vi) Sign a driver who is seriously fast and promising - that does not seem to apply to Massa

13. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

If they want PR they might as well sign me that would be PR, unknown, undeserved and maybe even untalented for F1.

14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    In the nicest possible way Rutherford you are not an F1 story.

Robert Kubica returning is a big story. Big big story. Netflix making an inspiring documentary type story. Not quite as big as Alex Zanardi story but still dam huge. That's just him returning. If he starts getting results then it's even more mega.

15. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Also Rutherford you've not answered the question of who you would pick for the seat. Unless yourself is the final answer? Shall we add you on the poll? ;)

16. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

There is no viable option or else I would've named one.

17. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    The more I think about it the more Sebastian Buemi seems like a good idea.

RasputinLives likes this.
  18. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Yup, he could move out of one series where he has a top car into one where he would be in a crap car.:no:

19. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Bill Boddy - He'll move out of two series where he has a top car... :thumbsup:

Bill Boddy likes this.
  20. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    So everything they do is wrong? Right. As long as I know what page you're on.

21. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

That’s quite a far fetched interpretation.

Share This