Poll Who will get the Williams 2nd seat?

Who will get the Williams seat next to Stroll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Kvyat might well be in the mix for the Williams seat now as well in light of the Gasly news.
He has the experience. His 'crashiness' clearly plays against him though.

Rutherford That his Dad pretty much funds all the additional testing for him to get better . In case you have not heard Di Resta is now looking likely to be Lance 's teammate because the Strolls don't want Kubica to test the 2014 car at Suzuka and instead the car will be shipped to Austin for Lance to test
Yes, but my displeasure isn't directed at Lance Stroll, but at Williams and his father for letting him race although he doesn't / didn't seem ready for F1.

"At the end of the day" (random football quote), it doesn't matter which driver is installed at Williams, Stroll just has to beat him, especially if it's Di Resta or Massa next season.
Massa is out of the running though. Has anyone watched his recent races and the amount of contact with other drivers, I think he's lost it.

Rutherford Money talks but Williams have no balls or certainly not like Frank use to when he ran the team. It is a sad indictment that a legendary team like Williams are dictated by Lance Stroll's Dad and denying Kubica a chance to return

Massa - typically Williams problem - just put him out of is misery for goodness sake he is only going to get slower

Well, after his falling out with Anthony Hamilton PdiR was managed by the same company who looked after Jenson Button - The Sports Partnership. Having had a little nose about they shut up shop in 2016 so who manages di Resta's interests today I have no idea.

I don't suppose di Resta does need a manager but all drivers seem to have one these days. I think many drivers have been screwed in the past so perhaps trust someone else to negotiate contracts and sponsorship deals which they either don't have time or the experience to do. I read somewhere that Kimi's manager doesn't do much for him these days and doesn't Vettel negotiate his own deal?

Why do you need a manager when you can earn 100% of the contract like Berger use . Kimi is not complaining considering he's managed to have a manager(s) to have gotten him the best deals in the paddock which far outweighs what he delivers on track?
----------------

It appears the BBC seems to think Massa is the preferred option to partner Stroll and Palmer is out of the running -- was not even considered despite talk from his Dad

Strangely Alonso bypassed his manager and negotiated his first visit to McLaren himself.

Yeah but Alonso's manager was/is just a front for Flavio in order to keep a distance between Fernando and the cheating scandal. Even when Flavio was banned from doing it he was still managing Alonso and Webber.

As for the Williams seat I feel I'll be less surprised that some on here when he is announced as doing another year. Will probably be announced in Brazil.

I don't suppose di Resta does need a manager but all drivers seem to have one these days. I think many drivers have been screwed in the past so perhaps trust someone else to negotiate contracts and sponsorship deals which they either don't have time or the experience to do. I read somewhere that Kimi's manager doesn't do much for him these days and doesn't Vettel negotiate his own deal?

im sure ive heard in a interview with Lewis. either sky f1 or Jonathon Ross. he said he was negotiating his deal. as was looking through the 40/50 page contract, actually i think it was sky, as brundle was chatting about his times as Coulthard manager & what went into a contract then

Only Palmer is worse:
-0.704 / 100.811693%

Bottas is the third worst driver in comparison to his teammate:
-0.313 / 100.318910%

All the others are within 100.2% or better.

Williams.png

Last edited:
Rutherford Palmer just missed Q3 today but he appears to have conceded his chances to remain in F1 might not be as hopeful as not many at Williams want him over the other 3 candidates

I feel either Di Resta or Kubica is something Williams can work and build the team around for interim unless Lance Stroll comes really good next season

Really Massa:facepalm:, Williams appear to have lost ambition and too much short term thinking

Toto Wolff says there are 4 drivers up for the Williams seat:

Massa
di Resta
Kubica
Wehrlein

I wonder which one their engine supplier might prefer? :thinking:

Back
Top Bottom