Poll Who will get the Williams 2nd seat?

Who will get the Williams seat next to Stroll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back to the Buemi suggestion, would he be better in a mid-field car in F1 or a winning car in FE or WEC? Most drivers seem to yearn to be in an F1 car even at the back of the grid. Look at the numbers who hang on and on slowing drifting in to slower and slower cars.

Better off in F1. Even in a poor team there is always a chance of a top seat the following year. Bottas is a prime example. He was bumming around at the the back end of midfield and this year is in the top car with a chance at being world champion of the pinnacle of motor sport.

So you are of the opinion that they should run no second driver? (Because that is what "no viable option" means.
No. Only, because an option isn’t viable, it doesn’t mean there aren’t options.

If Kubica proves himself in the upcoming test, he will become a viable option.

I think what Rutherford is saying is that the current dithering by Williams is not a viable option and as last resort put Massa back in the car for 2018 which is probably the worst option

Buemi and Vergne aren’t considered to be options for Williams, because they don’t have any sponsors. As I have written before Red Bull Junior driver aren’t allowed to have other sponsors besides Red Bull which makes it incredibly difficult for them to remain in F1. Furthermore, Buemi is an ambassador for Renault in FE and they wouldn’t like to lose him.

I think what Rutherford is saying is that the current dithering by Williams is not a viable option and as last resort put Massa back in the car for 2018 which is probably the worst option
No, I’m saying that there is no option which seems feasible at this point. Who would you consider for the 2nd seat at Williams?

Clearly, Massa and di Resta are both feasible and viable as options. The may not be good choices, they may even be bad ones, but they are not impossible.

Williams seem to prefer rather dull, steady drivers, at the moment. It would be fantastic if they were brave and opted for someone a little more feisty. But who would that be

I thought Kubica was a non-starter, but I'm wondering now if it's a possibility. It would certainly be the story of the grid.

Rutherford

Definitely not Massa

My first choice if he is seriously quick and can prove his fitness beyond doubt I would like to see Kubica back in F1.. he might in turn destroy Stroll's reputation or his own unfulfilled legacy which would be sad but its worth the risk

---

Other options are limited but really the next driver Williams pick has got to be someone they want to be build a future with...Di Resta's name seems banded around and I think here is his chance to be a team leader and revive his career. So he would be my 2nd choice

-------

Unfortunately Alex Lynn career has come unstuck the last 2 years and the sponsors situation means he has to sit on the sidelines and wait his turn whilst team Stroll monopolise one seat

----

I don't know why he is not considered anymore but Sam Bird is highly rated and shown well in GP2 and Formula E so he deserves a shot

In the past Williams have given Indycar drivers a car with mixed results and I am surprised Alexander Rossi has not been mentioned more this season especially after winning Indy 500

If Kubica comes back and isn't as quick as he was before his injuries, does it really tarnish his reputation?

It's not like there isn't a very good reason for him to have lost a few %.

Back
Top Bottom