Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I've just bought the black one, it was slightly cheaper from Grand Prix Legends than from the Mercedes site. It's a bit big and you can't adjust it, but it WILL stay on my head!!

The one you linked is made out of polyester and sponge. Flip flops are also cheaper than tailored italian leather shoes, to draw a comparison.

Sponge versus cotton is a pretty good guarantee of quality, though, right? I think we've gone off topic, though. Probably from the moment you saw Lewis having an expensive signature hat as a great opportunity to come on here and have a dig at your least favourite driver.

Last edited:
Hardly, I'm just not too keen on the hat, and I think that all sports merchandise is overpriced regardless of who is promoting it..

Blimey, talk about give a dog a bad name I'm not even allowed to say anything about his hat now.

Edit

I think Jenson Button grows a really shit beard and he should give up trying..

Last edited:
No it isn't but I thought I would add a bit of balance to my comments as people seem to think I am having a go at Lewis when I am not, it is just the hat that sucks not Lewis just like Jensons beard sucks and it doesn't bother me to say so, after all it isn't the hat that defines the man, nor the beard for that matter, anyway I've only ever seen Lewis ware that monstrosity in one picture, Jenson parades his everyday..

Last edited:
But Jenson's hat is great, especially the one he gave me this week :)
image.jpg

I think this is getting far too personal, sorry Brogan if I am a back seat moderator!

Some of us say what we feel and some are a bit more circumspect, but we all have a right to freedom of speech without being bullied. And all of this over a ****ing hat! :embarrassed:

Back to Lewis, barring mechanical failures or a Maldonado moment I suspect to see him on the top step this weekend and smiling a lot more than last race.

'Still I rise' as lewis has written on his skid lid. Comes from this poem.

Still I Rise
Maya Angelou, 1928 - 2014

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I’ll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
‘Cause I walk like I’ve got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I’ll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries?

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don’t you take it awful hard
‘Cause I laugh like I’ve got gold mines
Diggin’ in my own backyard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I’ve got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history’s shame
I rise
Up from a past that’s rooted in pain
I rise
I’m a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.

Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

Back
Top Bottom