Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Dreadful session for Hamilton and Mercedes. I am excited to see Lewis fight through the field though, which we haven't seen this year, and depending on how Massa and Bottas get on at the front, he may not lose an insurmountable amount of time to Rosberg.

Hamilton has to show how good this Merc can truly be tomorrow.

Dreadful session for Hamilton and Mercedes. I am excited to see Lewis fight through the field though, which we haven't seen this year, and depending on how Massa and Bottas get on at the front, he may not lose an insurmountable amount of time to Rosberg.

Hamilton has to show how good this Merc can truly be tomorrow.

Lewis made a storming and great start from ninth place, but slower pit stops than Nico, may have possibly hurt his chances for an overall victory. Good spirited drive though on Hamilton's part today.

Fantastic opening lap from Lewis, and P2 isn't the end of the world, but he will be massively frustrated with another missed opportunity in Austria. He had the legs on Rosberg all weekend but once again the critical one lap blunder made that reserve speed irrelevant.

That's 3 GP in a row now where Hamilton has been unable to show his ultimate pace. The tides will turn again at some point, and what better place for that to happen than Silverstone.

Such a cynic!

Ron just wants to prove that he is the 'bees knees' once again, without realising that he wasn't quite on it in the first place. One should never return to past glories for fear of falling short - Ron has fallen short, and if the report is true, then he is clutching at straws to justify his removal of Martin.

The rumors are that RD has also been talking to Vettel and Alonso. The perfect time to reunite FA and LH--it might be the cure for boredom.

Hasn't Ron been playing this game of "I'm talking too *insert driver here*" since before the season even began?

Unfourtunatly for Ron unless he actually has a car that will win races the mind games are pretty transparent mind games and dismissed as silly.

We wouldn't seriously be debating if Lewis/Alonso/Seb would be going to Sauber if they announced they approached them to drive so why right now would we think it was going to happen for you Ron?

For one thing there isn't a chance in hell that Lewis will return to McLaren for next year, this story is just a load of old bollocks, also in the original article it says Eric is keen for Jenson to stay, and for another thing if McLaren disrespects the loyalty Jenson has given them over the last one and a half dreadful season and rewards the disloyalty Lewis showed by leaving then they can go **** themselves..

Last edited:
This might not be a very popular POV with some on here but if I had a choice between Button or Hamilton it would be Hammy all the way. There a whole host of reasons - he can drive around problems with the car, he has proven his ability to drive a team forward, he is younger than Jenson, he is more marketable than Jenson, he believes he still has something to prove and has a real drive and hunger to achieve more.

Jenson's World Title I'm sure came as as much of a surprise to him as it did to everyone else but Hammy believes he deserves more. I always have the feeling with Button that a couple of race wins in a season and he will feel he's done a good job. Hamilton sees it as a disaster if he hasn't won the title regardless of how many races he wins (ditto Alonso and Vettel).

I'm happy to admit I'm not Jenson Button's biggest fan but I have tried to take an objective position on the two drivers. You also have to take in to account the bond between Ron Dennis and Lewis Hamilton. The fact that RD has got rid of Martin Whitmarsh and Jenson is the last major "pick" MW made so it's a clean break with that rather sad period in McLaren's history.

You also have to consider than Kevin Magnussen is a McLaren protege, what greater satisfaction could RD have than putting two Junior McLaren drivers in to his cars? I suspect, as the Sky article suggests, that any decision Lewis makes will hang on how this season unfolds and whether he feels he is getting equal treatment at Mercedes.

It also appears RD is exploring all options and you have to wonder who much either Alonso or Vettel will put up with their current situations.

I think Lewis to McLaren is a possibility - it depends on Vettel. I think that Mercedes would like two German drivers and that Lewis is only a stop-gap unless/until they can get Vettel. Ross Brawn was a big influence on both Lewis joining them and Mercedes taking him. Ross is gone. If Vettel was to join Mercedes that would mean Lewis would be out. What if Ross was recruited by McLaren? What if the Honda engine turns out to be really good? I think it is a possibility Lewis could go back to McLaren and I would certainly like to see it happen.

Jenson is very loyal, just ask Ross Brawn.

Can't decide whether thats a serious comment or a barbed dig.

As Merc pretty much wangled JB out the door when they bought Brawn to bring in Rosberg and Schumie I guessing it can't possibly be a dig. That would be silly.

I seem to recall Hamilton saying, upon leaving McLaren, that he hoped to return at some point in his career. It was also plain that the team did not want to lose him. The door is clearly open and it will probably be down to results and timing. F1 is as cutthroat a business as any on the planet and Mercedes will not want to lose Lewis (or Nico) for anyone less than equal or better.

Meanwhile, McLaren will need to have upped their game to ensure they have a respectable challenger that will entice Hamilton to the seat. The only other element in the equation is money, but with plenty in the bank already that's probably the last thing Lewis will be concerned about when it comes time to make a decision.

Back
Top Bottom