Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Well I wasn't at Barcelona but judging by the TV coverage there certainly didn't seem to be any particular antipathy towards Hamilton from Alonso fans.
Has the silliness actually gone now or was it a bit overblown by the media in the first place?

I guess the answer lies somewhere in the middle...

I'm always uneasy when I see articles like this one about Hamilton:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114015

The gist of the article is "I should be beating Rosberg comfortably".

Now obviously, there will be some context which we're not completely aware of, but it does smack a little of a lack of respect for your team-mate - or playing mind games. Whichever it is, it's not exactly nice behaviour!

It depends how you look at it. Saying Rosberg has twice been faster than himself and is proving difficult to beat is not being disrespectful, but I can see how it could be taken otherwise.

Last edited:
Well, you got to look at 2007. He totally melted his team-mate mentally that year.

I would say that Rosberg being largely in an ascendancy that did not bring home any bacon twice is true.

Essentially, Hamilton's greatest weapon in mind-gaming is the sheer brilliance of his on-track performance.

In 2011, Hamilton was beaten on occasion before he got off the plane.

Well he could mean that he's going to stand his ground and beat him on pace.

.....or he could mean if Rosberg trys to overtake him he's willing to take him off the road.

The 3rd option is that he could just be trying to put the wind up Nico a bit. Although in an interview before quali he told Sky he doesn't play mind games apart from on the track(which in itself could be a mind game) so if it is option 3 he's had a sudden change of heart.

Thats certainly an option yes but that might be a tag in to option 3.

Personally I don't think Lewis would genuinally run someone off the track or even threatern it if I'm honest.

There is option 5 of course. The I'm bloomin tired about being asked about this by stupid journalists so I'm going to give a slightly off sarcastic reply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom