Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

That's not really anything new though. Since the eighties or so estimations of the top F1 drivers' total income have put them right at the top of world sport's rich list. Very few in world sport come anywhere near. The top NBA players in their heyday were part of the few sportsmen whose revenue could be said to be comparable.

Not really, seeing as there aren't any really top line British Golfists at the moment. Maybe Lewis can pay his Dad now for being his manager?

Justin Rose must have made quite a lot of money on tournaments but I'm not sure about his sponsorship deals.

Rory McIlroy looked like making an enormous amount of money until he forgot that primarily he needed to be a golfer. I think that he has now realised that but once a driver's game slips they seldom get it fully back. He has a lot of work to do and he needs to start playing on all four days of the tournaments.

I peeped through the curtain to see First Class whilst travelling Business Class once.
CTA lottery syndicate anyone? We could buy our own team. And then tweet about it.

I peeped through the curtain to see First Class whilst travelling Business Class once.
CTA lottery syndicate anyone? We could buy our own team. And then tweet about it.

Which team do you think we could buy for £62 million (tomorrow's Euromillions)?

As ever context is everything. Unfortunately we are unlikely to see an unedited transcript of that particular interview. What was the actual question? The fact that he "told Bild" implies he was asked a question since it is unlikely that he rang them up to say that - or anything else for that matter.

If one were to ask why Seb' should be miffed with a faster (apparently) team mate and what he could do about, I suspect the answer might be "He must show leadership ..." since that is, in fact, what he'll need to do if he wishes to be No.1.

So in answer to Lewywo4 's question ... probably yes. His other options were probably to:

1) Laugh and say nothing (Bild headline: "Hamilton laughs at Vettel predicament").
2) Say: "That's a stupid question." (Bild headline: "Hamilton dismissive of Vettel predicament").
3) Say: "Ricciardo is faster than him. he needs to be quicker."
4) Say: "He needs to drive for Ferrari."
5) Laugh and say: "He needs to follow Clip the Apex." (Bild headline: "Hamilton refers Vettel to reputable news source other than Bild! Schweinhundt!").

For no.s 3 and 4: think up your own Bild headline :D

Last edited:
Considering it's only based on public assets, they're both likely worth over £100 million each.

It certainly shows how the amount of money in sports has changed massively over the years.

Jim Clark, by far the greatest driver I have ever seen, was planning on going back to raising sheep after his racing days were over! Maybe that was his idea of a great life. What a pity he never got the chance.

The top NBA players in their heyday were part of the few sportsmen whose revenue could be said to be comparable.

And NBA contracts are GUARANTEED. Gilbert Arenas who is a washed up NBA superstar, and who hasn't actually played in two years is still on the Orlando Magic's payroll for 38 Million $$. He's banking 23 Million this year alone for absolutely nothing.

Pretty good gig if you can get it.

Is this Cobra part of Lewis's collection, because if it is........a nice start on his part.

article-2620043-1D8F71AA00000578-135_634x566.jpg

Back
Top Bottom