Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Something ive been wondering since I delayed watching the race. I wonder whether nico past all the bluster & ego needs at this level that nico deep down knows that abit like prost & senna. he's not necessarily the slower driver but nows he doesn't have the pace to beat Lewis in a outright straight fight & in the heat thought if he goes past ive lost the race.

He's deluded if, deep down, he doesn't know. But his dad won a championship with only one race win so he'll not give up!

seb and Alonso at monza. Oh, and Alonso and seb at monza. I don't recall the outcome tbh.

I can also recall a couple of incidents which were similar up until the car behind changed their mind and went outside.

personally, I think it happened so fast as to be more about instinct than reaction from Lewis.

I'm glad Nico didn't roll over.

I guess that's part of my point.

Since when is getting passed by a car car going 17 km/h faster than you "rolling over"? In the past maneuvers like Rosberg's were downright dangerous and they're often penalized today.

If that's considered good hard driving then there's likely to be some ugly incidents ahead. Parents hide your children if you see Seb's Ferrari in the gravel.

And if we're going frame-by-frame, the room was there for a nice little scrap.

Spain2016.jpg

I'm just pissed that the first time we got to see them race this year it got dirty.

Something ive been wondering since I delayed watching the race. I wonder whether nico past all the bluster & ego needs at this level that nico deep down knows that abit like prost & senna. he's not necessarily the slower driver but nows he doesn't have the pace to beat Lewis in a outright straight fight & in the heat thought if he goes past ive lost the race.

Rosberg doesn't need to be faster than Hamilton, he just needs to finish his races. Let the other make the mistakes. It's great to see that Hamilton hasn't lost his edge but once in a while is best to wait and attack later. After all it's one less race for him to make up for the gap between them. To the point that he's been passed by Raikkonen in the driver standings

Not dirty, but Nico's dive up the inside compromised Hamilton and cost him places in Australia.

And he was punted by Bottas in Bahrain.

Of course, Lewis could have streaked away from pole.....I know.

Rosberg knew Hamilton was there ..period so shutting down would only lead to either Hamilton to back off and lose a lot of places or the inevitable

Mercedes have a big ask to keep both drivers but you'd think they want to keep Hamilton seeing he is the world champion
and already under contract

Rosberg is out of contract but due to for an extension again and if he wins the championship he will tick certain boxes for Mercedes in that they have a German driver winning in a German team

I don't see how Mercedes wanting to lose Hamilton say to Ferrari unless the unthinkable would be to swap him and Vettel

Nor will Hamilton want to to return to Mclaren because he's had a huge fall out with Ron Dennis and does not want to be under the thumb again

So I'd say Mercedes if they were to drop anyone it would be Rosberg

If "defense" like Nico's was the norm, then we would see multiple collisions every meeting with the high likeliness of a big one with front tire/rear tire contact similar to Webber/Kovalainen in Valencia.

Jackie Stewart and Niki Lauda see nothing wrong with Rosberg's defence and everything wrong with Lewis' attempt to overtake, describing it as hot headed, impetuous and ill considered. Martin Blundle and Anthony Davidson considered Rosberg's defence late, lacking judgement, judged he was distracted by his erroneous power mode and more to blame.

I put it to you that the idea that Lewis should have waited for another, better, easier opportunity is completely and utterly deluded. It is a fact that in equal machinery overtaking in Barcelona is unlikely and opportunities few and far between. And the way strategy is controlled at Mercedes once in front the team is on your side and will not help your team mate undercut you. With this in mind it is obvious - that out of Nico and Lewis - whoever is behind has no option but to go for it and whoever is in front has little option but to shut the door, Nico shut the door too late. But it is actually the team that is to blame for the accident, as their race strategy will always put their two drivers in this unenviable position at the start of every race.

Nico can afford to crash into Lewis,the reverse is not so, Jackie and Niki saying Lewis should not have gone for this yarning gap and blaming him for this accident, to me, makes no sense at all.

:thinking:... Unless of course I'm a conspiracy theorist and think that Jackie Stewart is [a numpty...] edit: too safety conscious and respectful of his machinery.

Last edited:
You all know that F1 isn't about overtaking and racing, or even about racing drivers, it's about teams and money. Everyone is part of the team, much like The Borg. Original thinking is not allowed.

Isn't it interesting that two drivers who drove in an era when, if a car chopped across the front of them the result would have most likely been death or a serious injury, blame Hamilton. On the other hand, two drivers who drove in an era (all be it near the end of his career in Brundles case) where if a car chopped across.another the most likely outcome was broken carbon fibre, blame Rosberg.

You would have thought it would have been the other way around.

Old school racer David Hobbs immediately laid the blame at Rosberg's feet on the NBC Sports broadcast.

I think Niki has a 100 percent ratio of blaming the trailing driver. Let's face it, he wasn't the most aggressive pilot.

Not so. All through T3 Nico was on the extreme inside of the circuit (off the racing line) and then exited the turn at the far left of the track (back on the racing line). He then wandered a bit towards the middle before swerving to the extreme right.

Back
Top Bottom