Newey Leaving Red Bull

He can write his own check wherever he goes but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if retirement was an option.

I'll give RBR 5 years before they're mid table and sold to some other mug who wants to spend a fortune for no particular reason.

About the only team no one has said so far is Red Bull so I'm going to bet on him staying so we've got them all covered

Adrian Newey has been so loyal to Red Bull, it will be very strange to see him at any other team. The one thing I never understood with Newey was what happened to him between 2000 and 2009 - he spent an entire decade where his cars failed to win a championship, initially with McLaren, and later with Red Bull.

Newey was utterly imperious in the 1990s (his cars won championships in '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '98 and '99), then again in 2010, '11, '12, 13', and then again in '21, '22, '23 and '24...

It seems utterly unbelievable that he failed to win any championships in the 2000s.

I suspect he hasn't got a contract with RB that requires gardening leave, he could act as a consultant freelance and supply his designs to everyone at a price of his choosing, that would be fun

from watching the sky video & reading bbc article. there are so many questions i have

their have been rumours Lawrence stroll chucking money at him almost money no object & ferrari have been after him for 30yrs. why i think he could be off to aston martin is unlike ferrari, moneys no different still having your wages double or triple what he gets at RB but you dont have to move house, move country or learn Italian. its just the same job 20 miles up the road

craig slater mentioned that, newey feels undervalued & not given due credit for the dominant cars he has built in the last 3 yrs. is a by product of verstappen or does it stem back to new years honours list. i said at the time. idea that Horner is a CBE & yet adrian newey is only an OBE that was 11 years ago is scandalous. because in my vague knowledge you have be nominated by someone to get 1 of birthday/new yr honours

also is this purely business or has the friendship soured that much between Horner & newey. espically horner who claims to be best friends they would really make horner wait until 2027 until he could work for another team. apparently he contracted until end of 2025 & needs 12 months gardening leave. seems a bit of horrible way to say thank you for at times he single handly carrying that team to success

Last edited:
It was only a matter of time before the dominoes started to fall, following the allegations against Horner. I'm pretty sure Jos will now pipe up again and use this as a reason for RB to oust Horner. But will we see more resignations? I think so.

McLaren has also been suggested as a possible destination. I suspect that Newey is far more likely to go to Aston or McLaren than Ferrari, simply because he doesn't really want to move to Italy
Not likely given the recent restructure and his role will be marginalised because that is what Sanchez felt

It was only a matter of time before the dominoes started to fall, following the allegations against Horner. I'm pretty sure Jos will now pipe up again and use this as a reason for RB to oust Horner. But will we see more resignations? I think so.
I've never seen a team try to dismantle itself at the height of their dominance

Nowwe will see how good Red Bull really are without Newey

from watching the sky video & reading bbc article. there are so many questions i have

their have been rumours Lawrence stroll chucking money at him almost money no object & ferrari have been after him for 30yrs. why i think he could be off to aston martin is unlike ferrari, moneys no different still having your wages double or triple what he gets at RB but you dont have to move house, move country or learn Italian. its just the same job 20 miles up the road

craig slater mentioned that, newey feels undervalued & not given due credit for the dominant cars he has built in the last 3 yrs. is a by product of verstappen or does it stem back to new years honours list. i said at the time. idea that Horner is a CBE & yet adrian newey is only an OBE that was 11 years ago is scandalous. because in my vague knowledge you have be nominated by someone to get 1 of birthday/new yr honours

also is this purely business or has the friendship soured that much between Horner & newey. espically horner who claims to be best friends they would really make horner wait until 2027 until he could work for another team. apparently he contracted until end of 2025 & needs 12 months gardening leave. seems a bit of horrible way to say thank you for at times he single handly carrying that team to success
The fact that Marko, Horner and Max's Dad keep telling us that Max is special every week with God given talent...BS and little mention of Newey is disrespectful

I suspect he hasn't got a contract with RB that requires gardening leave, he could act as a consultant freelance and supply his designs to everyone at a price of his choosing, that would be fun
He is negotiating early release. I think just walk out does it.

Back
Top Bottom