Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

Meph,

You really should give it a try. We have made it nearly every year since 1964. And since neither of us likes the French, you KNOW it has to have some over-riding attractions.

I reckon I'll see if my bro wants to go and get over there, I can't see me taking a woman cuz she will probably complain about the noise of the cars and me not wanting to go to sleep at 8.30 in the evening..

True, but the last one I had walked over to the telly and turned it off mid grand prix and declared we were going shopping, she didn't last long after that, and I didn't go shopping with her either..

Shiny.

wec-porsche-919-hybrid-launch-2015-the-2015-spec-porsche-919-hybrid-in-three-colors-for-le.jpg

In the United States, the two lines are generally inextricably linked, because they are predominantly found as "Porsche-Audi" dealers.

Does that make this year's face-off a win-win, or a lose-lose?

Silverstone 6 hours is on Motors TV tomorrow, starting at 12. Just watched the ELMS, four hours of racing and the two leaders ended less than half a second apart. Great race.

Porsche and Audi slugging it out at Silverstone. One of each of their cars in the pits with various travails as well. The Toyota sounds like a low flying aircraft, even on TV.

Only managed to catch a bit of it but watched the Toyota's and Audis slugging it out for 3rd, 4th and 5th at the time. It was early in the race but watching them fly through the back markers was fun. No double waved blues as far as I could see. One went left and the other went right.

The only thing that looked dissapointing was the size of the crowd. There were masses of open spaces around the track.

45,000 people were there. Great win for Audi with a very odd stop-go penalty right at the very end. Poor old Webber's car broke. These cars bung out between 1,100 and 1,300 BHP when all the power units are firing. The speed of the Porsche in a straight line was astonishing.

Wow, really didn't look like that many. Guess it must have been the camera angles not giving me enough of a view of the stands (and why would they? :D)

The Porsche's were one / two and well up the road during the 45 minutes I was watching.

The equivalent of three and a half blisteringly good F1 GP's in one afternoon! If ever there was a demonstration of LMP racing hogging the pinnacle of motorsport that was it ... and LMP1's weren't even in it. Incidents, chases, hard fought overtaking, broken and bashed motors, disappointment, elation and surprises. Loved it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom