Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

I watched this race in 64 easy, bite size pieces. It went a bit flat in the middle but was quite tense at the end with the No. 7 Audi chasing down the No. 17 Porsche in the final half hour. They ended up just 1 minute behind after 6 hours of racing. Looking forward to Fuji on 11th October.

The Fuji race is an example of what Formula 1 should be. How can these cars follow each other so closely and pass back and forth turn after turn? It's an amazing race after the safety car pulls off.

Finally got to the end of this. Lots of fuss over the LMP2 result with G-Drive turning the race into a destruction derby in the final few minutes.

Also learned a new word "slicktermediate" which is slick intermediate tyre Michelin give the LMP1 boys which offers more grip on a damp track than a treaded inter. WEC leading the way compared to F1 again. I wonder when FOM will actually get their heads out of the sand and look at other series for some inspiration?

Finally got to the end of this. Lots of fuss over the LMP2 result with G-Drive turning the race into a destruction derby in the final few minutes.

---------------------------------------

You mean the Rusinov/Bradley incident?

That did look really bad it did... Sort of like "Right, had enough of you now. Our of my way!"

I think it was Yacaman that the commentator on Motors TV was getting very vexed about as he nerfed out the Orca close to the end as they were heading for a podium.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same incident, there were several in the last two hours among the LMP2's. It was actually getting a bit bad-tempered at times...

No sorry my bad, I did mean this one, just got my wires crossed between Yacaman and Rusinov.

I think I remember seeing several more contacts prior to that between those two cars so there clearly something brewing there between the two teams.

Back
Top Bottom