1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula E Hong Kong E-Prix Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Motorsport' started by RasputinLives, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

The teams are probably glad about the long break. They can recharge their batteries.

Sorry, I’ll get my hat.

teabagyokel and F1Brits_90 like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    i thought i had already said it on this thread somewhere but mustve been twitter. because i know there was a negative reaction. but i knew Vernon would be good because hes very good at nfl. did well at the golf earlier

im not complaining to have exclusive content unlike itv 4 or last year channel but has there been some deal between ds/virgin racing or sam bird because race 1 had there own interview with winner & race 2 left winner interview to world feed. interviewed sam bird anyway. & cant be due to britishness because they havent chatted to lynn or turvey

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    RasputinLives likes this.
  4. marksawatsky

marksawatsky Points Scorer Contributor

Any track (Hong Kong, Macau, Long Beach as examples) where a wrongly placed car can block an entire field of cars should be immediately pulled from the schedule. Are we so short on venues that we have to put up with this crap? The organizers should be embarrassed.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well Virgin Media actually own 20% of the shares in Formula E. Not that I'm suggesting that has anything to do with it of course! ;)

6. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    It's actually the longest gap of the season and quite short by Formula E standards.

Of course Sau Paulo has now pulled out of hosting a race so unless a replacement is found we could end up with a massive gap.

7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Can we all mail bomb the new Mayor of Birmingham ???

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I'd love to see the return of the Super Prix but I think Formula E is hell bent on finding somewhere in London.

The spot that has opened up is in March actually so would be pretty good for Birmingham.

Twitter campaign?

cider_and_toast likes this.
  9. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    In other news they all got beat by a 13 year old in the sim race!

http://m.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/a...g-teenager-kobe-wong-leaves-formula-e-drivers

(This sort of interaction with fans by the way is what Formula E does very right and makes F1 long very up itself.)

cider_and_toast likes this.
  10. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

This is my biggest objection to Formula E. The tracks are set up with the intention of having crashes and a minimum of run-offs so that a minor accident closes the circuit. Fortunately the cars are slow enough to ensure that crashes happen at low speed; if they ever get anywhere even F3 speeds they will have problems.

11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I disagree. I think the tracks are set up so a driver is punished for errors and has to stick within the boundaries of the actual race track. No track limit issues in Formula E.

As for safety issues - I think there the same as for any street circuit used in any Formula (nowhere can be worse than Macau!). I think there are always going to be people who love street circuits and those that hate them so it's always going to be an issue. I happen to like then as I think it's a test of skill and brings atmosphere. I can understand why others Don't though.

12. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    When you watch a series like Formula E where the drivers are able to run wheel to wheel and as I said above, at times the overtaking was more BTCC than F1, then street circuits are great.

F1 had some great races around streets in the past but the state of modern F1 cars means that's less likely to happen.

I see no problem with FE on street circuits.

13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I hadn't realised what a nightmare of a first race Lotterer had until I read this! More penalties in race one than a Mclaren Honda!

Formula E "the most challenging thing I've done" - Lotterer

I thought his WEC experience was going to stand him in good condition to be right on the pace straight away. Shows how much I know.

Share This