Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

I hope Kimi comes back, but please not with Williams,

I wonder what would happen with the Kimi fans who now worship Seb. Would they switch back to Kimi or stay with Seb?

Who would be the faster and cleverer super efficient driver to unhinge the other lesser drivers?

Unless he gets a large paypacket..........

...which Williams aren't in any position whatsoever to provide.

Also, I do believe that the Robertsons were only wanting what a driver of Kimi's calibre was worth in relation to Lewis and Fernando when the negotiations were taking place in late '09. That and the Rallying and PR bits.

It was said that McLaren also wanted the Ferrari severence to be taken into consideration when ironing-out the pay structure whilst the Robertsons felt that the Ferrari severence had nothing do with anything.

All this made Kimi look greedy which is a shame because the way it went down looks like he's a greedy pig when all they were doing was figuring what the market was. Then Jenson offered himself cheaper and the rest is history.

I can't see Kimi driving for a team that finished 9th in the previous year's championship. It would be a waste.

Kimi probably had the most die hard loyal following before Lewis came along and before he quit, I am sure a lot of them will re materialise wether he goes to Williams or McLaren.

Would be good to see him at a good team

I hope Kimi comes back, but please not with Williams,

I wonder what would happen with the Kimi fans who now worship Seb. Would they switch back to Kimi or stay with Seb?

Who would be the faster and cleverer super efficient driver to unhinge the other lesser drivers?

I, for one..... wouldn't worship any driver...................I want the best driver to win...........I would hope for equality...........& fairness to all............then I'd wake up & realise what a lot of :censored:s can do to get the result they want.
I just hope the stewarding is sorted out......& precedents are set & team principles are as vocal for both drivers not just their fav.
I think Kimi is top notch..........maybe.. laid back .....but a brilliant racer.........can't see him admitting to closing his eyes & hoping for the best whilst doing an overtake....he would be EYES WIDE OPEN......as would LH, SB,FA................IMO

Kimi & Robert Kubica are needed in F1 IMHO

Look, it's a nice story, but it doesn't make a huge amount of sense from either party's point of view. More likely, it's a leak designed to force somebody else to do something. It could be to nudge Sutil into making his mind up, for example. Force India aren't deciding their drivers until December, but perhaps Williams don't want to wait that long (to be turned down)?

All speculation. For quite selfish and slightly uncharitable reasons, I hope he doesn't come back. Any more than Jacques or Montoya or any of the others who didn't stick it.

Even if he came back, there is not a rats chance that he (or Kubica) would be up there with the young speed merchants. MS style rustiness for a year nor so would be the best that could happen

The worst will be that he (or Kubica) gets a mid grid car and slowly fade into retirement

As much as it would be good to have the old Kimi back, it wouldn't be the old Kimi

Even if he came back, there is not a rats chance that he (or Kubica) would be up there with the young speed merchants. MS style rustiness for a year nor so would be the best that could happen

The worst will be that he (or Kubica) gets a mid grid car and slowly fade into retirement

As much as it would be good to have the old Kimi back, it wouldn't be the old Kimi

You maybe right...but both are years younger than Schumi?
Have a better chance to get back........
Kimi has been rallying & Robert will have been on the simulator & driving a 2009 Renault?
I will live in hope...... til it is proved otherwise.
My glass is half full.....I really should not have touched it........still
They are both ACE racers IMHO & I loved to watch them both.

I’m with Galahad and this story doesn’t add up for me, but if it ends up being true, I’m going to miss him in the WRC a lot. :disappointed:

It’s been a real pleasure to see Kimi improving the way he’s been improving this year. It’s not just that he doesn’t crash any longer (quite remarkable for somebody who has done 20 odd rallies in his life), but also how he closed the gap rally after rally. I don’t understand why the F1 media keep saying that he’s a bad rally driver, he’s one of the only 3 drivers who have scored points in every round of the championship they have taken part, even if he’s been pretty unlucky with punctures (maybe he should stop putting those Michelins everywhere:whistle:).

He’s good for the championship, he’s a fast driver who is getting better and brings people attention too.

Cant see it happening.

1. Why would Williams want Kimi? He’ll demand a fortune! Money Williams desperately need elsewhere, unless he brings lots and lots of sponsorship money, to cover his wages and more. And would he be motivated at the back end of the grid? He didn’t look too motivated in a Ferrari! Hence his P60. Williams need a developer as well as a money bringer, id say Rubens would be a better developer than Kimi, and cheaper.

2. Why would Kimi want Williams? He’s said he would only drive for a top team, is he getting desperate to return to F1 that he would now take one of the slowest midfielders? I doubt it. And they’re not going to want to pay him what he thinks he’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom