Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

Kimi, Still The Most Recent King Of Spa!

I beg to differ - the current King of Spa

1314452895.jpg
wheels-vettel-spa-blog480.jpg

Well, then, our definition of King of a circuit differs. To me it implies a reign of more than one race. More than 2 races even.

Vettel's just a Belgian GP victor...I mean last year he ploughed Button out of the race and had won nothing at Spa until 2011.

Kimi has won 4 of the most recent 7 or 8 races and Schumacher won 6 times there.

Those the two most recent Kings Of Spa to most people.

Vettel was a Jester...a Joker...last year.

Kimi-icecream.jpg

I bet Wall's are queing up to put Magnum sponsor logo all over the Williams for 2012. Kimi at 80% has to be a better bet than Rubens surely? If he does come back would that be a record number of World Champions on the grid (assuming Schumie carries on?)

Kimi-icecream.jpg

I bet Wall's are queing up to put Magnum sponsor logo all over the Williams for 2012. Kimi at 80% has to be a better bet than Rubens surely? If he does come back would that be a record number of World Champions on the grid (assuming Schumie carries on?)

Kimi was the only honest one on the day....he got changed & had an iced lollie.....knowing full well the race was over...........but for commercial reasons everyone else held on to the lie.........please come back Kimi....would love to see you at Macca alongside Lewis......MAGIC

Kimi win a WDC without international assistance....

KR will be awesome...with his rally experience.....
Hope RK is back too.

Kimi at 80% has to be a better bet than Rubens surely?

Not for me, I'd say more like 95%, but I fear we'll never know for sure...

If he does come back would that be a record number of World Champions on the grid (assuming Schumie carries on?)

Schumi, Alonso, Kimi, Hamilton, Button, Vettel...if I remember rightly there have been races with six before. Early 1970 perhaps?

Unless you think Webber is going to win it this season of course ;)

Hope he comes back I would say a 80% Kimi is definitely better than Barrichello, think Barrichello has had his day. Don't know how people say he was unmotivated in 2009 the guy was on fire in a car that hadn't been developed since Hungary 09! :)

Williams though :thinking:

If he comes back i hope it's for the love of F1 and not for Money. Heard Williams were after Kimi, if the team are who could they even afford him?

I hardly doubt he would be in talks with Williams if he was coming back for money since the team have to resort to a pay driver and a 40year old driver.

I don't think this rumours true anyway, they said he was coming back to Renault but he denied the rumours as Renault where trying to use his name, I can see the same happening here since Sutil has also denied the Williams rumours aswell.

I hardly doubt he would be in talks with Williams if he was coming back for money since the team have to resort to a pay driver and a 40year old driver.

I don't think this rumours true anyway, they said he was coming back to Renault but he denied the rumours as Renault where trying to use his name, I can see the same happening here since Sutil has also denied the Williams rumours aswell.

I hope it isn't true, as it would break the bank for Kimi to be paid by Williams.
But i really hope he comes back to F1 missing the ICEMAN.

Back
Top Bottom