Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I said new front wings were often the best indicators because they are the most visual and obvious changes that can be seen by the casual observer. Perhaps I should have said "obvious" instead of "best" in the first place. Nevertheless, I did not say they were the only indicators. The team's engineers will have a handle on the things that we cannot see for ourselves or get told about by Ted.

The fact that sometimes damage to a wing doesn't seem to impede a driver actually illustrates the point that the issues are not necessarily down to aero' which is why I suggest in my last paragraph in my earlier post that it may be down to the stiffness (and therefore de facto baseline set up) of the current chassis. Jenson's recurring complaints about lack of grip and understeer suggests that he is still having trouble getting heat into the tyres and keeping there. Again that hints to me that it is a mechanical grip issue rather than an aero' issue.

Not being in the inner circles of F1 I have no idea at all what new developments they bring in other than those revealed to us by people like Scarbs, Ted Kravitz and Gary Anderson, etc. so sometimes what has happened to cause a chasm between two drivers in the same car is a complete mystery.

Finally, I apologise for writing posts that are possibly too long winded for Mephistopheles who, for some reason, seems to think that I am apportioning blame onto Jenson Button for McLaren's woes. It's not about blame. It's about a complex range of factors where several ingredients may either mask or expose the root problems.

In my next book, i will write several thousand pages on why tyres have to be filled with gas.:D

Had to put the mockers on this but I think Jenson should not do anymore promos for Santander

The three sports people they've used

Mcilroy - He has definitely lost his form this season compared to the last two years

Ennis - She got married but she 's injured and don;t be surprised if she does poorly at the world athletics championships

Button - He has been given a lemon by Mclaren this season and screwed out of one race with a botched up pitstop

Interesting. I hadn't even considered Button moving. Given the other options available to McLaren at the moment, I can't see anyone but Button in the car next year but that doesn't half open up a great deal of speculation. The trouble is, there could be some sort of "John Watson" moment for Button where he may find out too late to secure anything. Of course, as I said, there isn't a superstar waiting in the wings and I think a Kimi move back to McLaren would be extremely unlikely so who else could they get?

Hulkenberg?

Can I also just throw in that there were pretty strong rumours about JB going to Ferrari at one point and I see him as a much better fit alongside Alonso than Kimi.

I think JB would relish the Ferrari role and would love another crack at showing he can compete with the best in the same equiptment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom