Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I hope McLaren take the option on Jenson. If they can get the reliability from Honda, I think there could be some great battles with Fernando, even it they are not pushing for a win.

This year I get the feeling they are just getting the car home (if possible). We have seen in the past with Jenson, if he has a team mate that pushes him, he just raises his game. Jenson and Lewis had a few great wheel to wheel battles, and I would love to see the same with him and Alonso. With this years reliability I don't think either driver has had the chance to fight against each other, I hope this changes :)

Ron is desperate not too lose both his world champions so he doesn't lose the one thing that can get him sponsors.

That and he's trying to save face after Niki Lauda called him a tight wad.

Ron Dennis was quite clear in his Beeb interview. Alonso has a three year contract which the team are happy about, Button has a two year contract, there was an option to not keep him for the second year but the time for taking that is past and they want him to stay. And Dennis admitted that it would have been better had he said so last Tuesday.

Glad he's staying - time for McHonda to stop fannying about and build him a car that can at least get into Q3 every week:bangfists:

A conspicuously Fernando-shaped hole in the driver announcement (though I suppose you could read it as a given that he will honour his contract, surely?):thinking:

I think we've come to realise the situation with Alonso has meant Button's situation has been held up
Have I missed something regarding Alonso. Ron Dennis made it clear Fernando had a three year contract and they were both happy to continue and honour their agreement. I can't see how Alonso had anything to do with the mutual decision between Ron Dennis and Jenson. To me it was clear from Ron Dennis's comments that Alonso getting lippy on the radio in no way put his position in the team at risk. I'm sure re-signing Button was a completely separate issue not influenced by any drama with Alonso. Alonso was just being Alonso, I'm sure Ron Dennis will expect flare-up's every now and then and I'm sure he's learned how to cope with the additional drama that comes with working with Fernando.

Last edited:
Kewee
I was referring to that Button's announcement was probably held up because they realise they might have a situation that Alonso might leave which would be disastrous for Mclaren.

I think it should be noted that Alonso was not confirmed today by Mclaren. Yes he has a 3 year contract but he has walked out of contracts before and we'll just have to see how Fernando reacts in the next few races to gage whether he wants to stay or not

Il_leone ..... I follow what your saying, but Alonso stated less than an hour or so later he had every intention of continuing with McLaren for the rest of his contract and Ron Dennis also confirmed he would remain with McLaren for the full length of his contract. I wouldn't expect any further statements, there's no need. Alonso's comment that he might leave was just spur of the moment when he was pissed off.

Back
Top Bottom