Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Well the story's also been picked up by the beeb, Sky and the Guardian so there's likely some substance behind it... Shame it should end like this. Maybe looking back when you think of the never-ending saga at the end of last year maybe the eventual announcement that he would after all stay wasn't such good news for him after all...

Last edited:
In fact McLaren are beginning to bear the hallmarks of a team in irreversible decline. From a purely sporting point of view the currently occupy a position similar to the one they had in 1980 just before Ron Dennis and John Barnard took over.
With no prospects of a quick improvement and no title sponsor on the horizon and nothing much to show in the way of prize money this year, cuts will have to be made somehow.
Ron Dennis might come to rue the day he embarked on the road to diversification. The road cars, the engineering consultancy etc...

It seems incredible to say but we could actually be witnessing the initial death throes of a dying team... Why should Jenson hang want to around anyway in the middle of all this?

JB was on top form doing pundit stuff for Sky between sessions this weekend and he was very entertaining to watch so hopefully he's past the audition and we'll see him there next year.

Incubus McLaren will bounce back. In may take some time but they will.
Who would of predicted the rise of Williams after so many years in the doldrums.

As for JB, he wanted to go out on a high. If he goes to WEC then he may very well do. There is life after F1 you know.
'Jenson Button, LeMans winner'. Has a certain ring to it.

I think it does not help that once again Ron Dennis and Mclaren are mulling over him or one of the junior drivers. Had they announced after the mid season break then it would have helped

It is not helped that the situation at Manor means Van Doorn 's learning year idea is blocked and seeing how the Red Bull junior drivers are doing then really Ron is going to have to thrown Van Doorn at the deep end now

He deserves a lot better certainly more than Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari

Jenson is selling his 2015 race helmet on E-Bay

Jenson Button #03 2015 McLaren Raceworn Helmet

This either means he's going be wearing a new one in Japan or has decided the Mclaren is so slow he doesn't need one.

He jokingly suggested he was going to put an appeal in with the stewards after qualifying because Vettel was wearing a different helmet design and that it would probably mean Vettel being disqualified. Maybe he was making the joke because he has a different design in mind to finish his career with.

(Bring back the pink!)

From the above:

"Jonathan Neale indicated on Friday the team wants Button to stay but was still in talks, admitting 'if your driver really doesn't want to be in the team, you have to respect that'."

So Button would like to stay, the team would like him to stay, where is the problem? Money?

Please no. I've always liked Jenson.

I think Buttons issue is does he want to spend another year or two piddling around at the back or shall he take the big step of leaving and go for a new challenge in WEC.

To be fair to him its a big step because its all he's known in his life and once he pulls the plug there is no going back.

I think Mclaren are currently trying to convince him that next year won't be like this one.

I think the whole grid is trying to convince him to stay (some of that might be because they are worried about Vandorne though).

Honda and Mclaren need to convince Jenson they will not mess about at the back of the grid and destroy his reputation

Jenson does not deserve this . Money being issue really :o? Its not like he needs the money ... he wants assurances that the team will be more competitive

Yeah itx a tough one for JB because doesnt deserve to end up leaving what has been a fantastic 15 yr career if you forget earth racing happened :whistle: on such a low.

But there is competiveness issue in aus he said dont judge us now judge us in abu dhabi but i still think they could be in the midfield scrapping for minor points even in 2016 & stoffel vandoorne hes surely got to hsbe a drive in 2016

Back
Top Bottom