Jérôme d'Ambrosio

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Rest easy RasputinLives, Jerome has been confirmed as the replacement by Lotus this morning :)

RasputinLives and RickD like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Apparently Jerome woke up this morning in a cold sweat screaming "Please don't let me do a Karun Chandhok!" so in order for him not to destroy his entire rep in one race he's decided to try and channel the spirit of Mika Salo in 1999 by growling at pictures of Mika Hakenien and being genuinally unpleasent. He's also switched his phone ring tone to "Subsititue" by the Who.

So after confirmation Jerome D'ambrosio week will conclude with him starting his 20th Grand Prix at Monza its time to continue with the D'ambrosio fact file.

Jerome D'ambrosio is named Jerome because his mum was a big fan of the TV series Soldier Soldier and the actor Jerome Flynn.

Fenderman, RickD and Jos the Boss like this.
  4. ZakspeedYakspeed

ZakspeedYakspeed NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think Jerome is hoping he doesn't pull a Nicola Larini and end up getting lapped by the likes of Bruno Senna...

Good luck son... and remember... the black and gold Lotus that passes you on the outside of the Parabolica with two wheels in the dirt is not Ayrton Senna... it is just Kimi driving like Ayrton...

Fenderman and Jos the Boss like this.
  5. MCLS

MCLS Anti F1 fan Valued Member

Well he can't do any worse than Badoer in 2009!

Jos the Boss likes this.
  6. Jos the Boss

Jos the Boss Champion Elect

Kimi could qualify 6th with JDA last and then he lets a Ferrari Massa he's racing for position with through in the pit lane and to top off a great day hits the parked Force India of Paul di Resta in Parc Ferme

MCLS likes this.
  7. MCLS

I'm sure Kimi would be happy as he'd finish third! Although I would be very surprised if D'Ambrosio is slower than the HRT's ;)

8. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    I suspect Jerome has already driven Monza double figures on the simulator since Sunday evening.

I doubt he will trouble Kimi too much but he should be solidly in the mid field.

9. MCLS

It's a good car so he could be in contention for a point or two, he'll get plenty of practice time as FP1,2 and 3 will all be sunny and warm

10. Jos the Boss

Jos the Boss Champion Elect

What if, Raikkonen and Maldonado team up and take everyone, literally everyone, out at the first corner, and Jerome started in the pits and was the only one not out, and he wins be default?

11. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Don't get carried away Jos the Boss, we know where your prediction skills lie.

12. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    If the boy gets anywhere near the top ten with his car intact I reckon he can be pleased with himself.

I bet he'll be tempted to give Timo Glock a wave on the way past if he laps him though.

RickD likes this.
  13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Whilst being out of F1 Jerome has kept himself race ready by driving the Lotus round his local park

Fenderman, F1ang-o and Josh like this.
  14. canis

canis Race Winner Valued Member

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    There's nothing like a quick nip out in the car on a sunny Sunday afternoon to the park ;)

RasputinLives likes this.
  15. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    1.1 off of Kimi in Practice 1 - not brilliant but not awful

16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    and down to 6 tennths in P2. I think that was doing long runs but of course we never can be sure of the set ups. I think if he's within 6 tennths of Kimi in quali tomorrow we can say he's not done a bad job.

17. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    Maybe he can ask Alonso if he can borrow his... LOL

18. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Monza isn't a bad place to come in as a stand-in driver, as Mario Andretti and Tonio Liuzzi have shown. I seem to remember Marc Gene doing well there in Ralf's Williams, though that memory is a bit hazy.

Anyway he's doing well considering he's only had 40 laps of wet running in the E20 before today.

Fenderman likes this.
  19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I think he's showing he's a 'steady eddie' type of driver rather than a superstar which is what I kind of expected. I think if you give him the rqupitment he'll get the result the equiptment can get, which is not a bad thing coz I'm sure plenty of teams need a driver like that. Don't ever think he'll be lighting up the time screens though. Could be wrong though lets see what he does race wise.

The reason I cheer him on though is everytime he's interviewed he just comes across as a nice bloke.

20. sushifiesta

sushifiesta Champion Elect Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Let's see how he does in the race, to be frank he was a long way off Raikkonen in modern F1 terms (6 tenths, and I think he was on options while Raikkonen was on primes). The Lotus doesn't seem particularly quick this weekend either so it's probably unlikely that he will be finishing in the points.

I'm not sure he'll be making many team principles stand up and say they want him in their team, nice guy or not.

21. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    It is difficult to judge these days. Do you compare him to Grosjean or to Badoer?

teabagyokel likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice