Nyck de Vries

Since there isn't a driver thread for Nyck de Vries, I thought I'd start one. Nyck de Vries had been very successful in karting, and was part of the McLaren academy:

He achieved great success pre F1, winning the FIA Formula 2 championship in 2019, and the 2020-21 Formula E championship. In 2022, he was a test driver for Mercedes (and also drove for Alpine), and had the (possibly unique) experience of running FP1 for Aston Martin, and then FP3, Qualifying and the Race for Williams at Monza after Alexander Albon had appendicitis. He greatly impressed on his debut, qualifying 13th (starting 8th), and finishing the race in 9th position.

As a result of his performance, he was recruited by Alpha Tauri to a race seat in 2023.

Update: A number of media outlets are reporting that Nyck de Vries has been sacked with immediate effect, to be replaced by Daniel Ricciardo at the Hungarian Grand Prix next weekend.

I'm very confused as to why he was so good in his one off driver at Williams but has shown about as much the talent of Robert Doornbos at Alpha Tauri. I suspect he will back in a Formula E car very shortly.

I'm very confused as to why he was so good in his one off driver at Williams but has shown about as much the talent of Robert Doornbos at Alpha Tauri. I suspect he will back in a Formula E car very shortly.
Monza is a relatively good circuit to make a one-off appearance, as deficiencies are often masked there - look at Ricciardo suddenly being on a level with Norris in 2021. It used to be similar at the old Hockenheimring - look at Salo’s performance there in 1999 compared to Irvine (and compared to his other stand in appearances).

Monza is a fast track that suits Williams. Besides, he had Goatifi to beat...

if i was to guess about Formula E, id say he will be racing for avalanche Andretti partnering Jake Dennis

but on F1, since baku, which was a nightmare start to the season, Tsunoda has hardly set the world alight either. i think he's been finishing where the car probably deserves

Back
Top Bottom