Gaming F1 2011

One more question: can the AI cause the safety car by crashing, whether that be in the first corner or later in the race?

I just got the game did a race in grand prix weekend...first impressions?

Terrible...the menu is worse from last year, the layout is quite bad, the graphics seem worse than last year, the only decent thing about the game is that it's harder, you can't even save the car when you have a minor oversteer moment which I find bad, clearly not what I was expecting.

Was expecting a better version of 2010, that game was fine without all the problems and the fact that it was too easy, expected them to make the difficulty harder, but they have just changed the whole game, can't say I am a fan of it so far.

I will give a proper test out tomorrow...

Admittidely when I first played the game I thought the graphics were bad, but they're not they just take some getting used to. You also can control an oversteer moment easily I find. I love the way you can 'feel' the weight of the car in the corner. But I've got to say the penalty system isn't good, if you dip a wheel on the grass when passing a car it's classed as an illegal overtake and unlike in real like you can't give the place back to avoid the penalty.

After a few hours slog I'm ranked 140th on Xbox Live :D

There do seem to be a lot more flaws in this version compared to last years. I won't even start on the problems with the online gaming side of it.

It's quite ironic, last year the offline game was bugged and faulty so the online racing once in a league made it an amazing game. The developers this year have concentrated more on the online aspects of the game but offline works better than online right now. There is a patch coming soon so it will be like last year, basically this is a beta version that you have paid for and the final version will be out in a month or so.

Does no one else find this game more "gamish" than last years?

One thing that annoys me the most, is I played online a 2-3 races last night, and when someone leaves and then someone joins it restarts the countdown for the race to start, it was really irritating as people kept leaving and joining for 5 minutes and as I wanted a few races before I went to :sleeping:

The reason im not a fan of pre orders is because its not the fullest version, they still add some stuff in afterwards, and they want to do that this year e.g. brake bias

The reason im not a fan of pre orders is because its not the fullest version, they still add some stuff in afterwards, and they want to do that this year e.g. brake bias

Brake bias? How are they going to fit that in? All the buttons are used up...

Instead of adding additional stuff like safety car etc. sort out the gameplay first, then add in all this other stuff...

That waiting thing annoyed me last night too. It would get down to around 5 seconds and then someone else would join and you would have to wait another 30 seconds and you just hope no-one else joins.

As for grid positions, I hope for either pole or last. Pole means you can usually use KERS to get past the 1st turn chaos and if you're last you can cruise up to the 1st corner and pick your way through the wrecks.

I have loads of spare buttons on my wheel! One thing that is lacking is a view change button. I pressed everything the other night and couldn't find one!

Also one major annoyance is that the DRS button is the same as last years look behind button on the PS3. The amount of times I've tried to look behind me in practise or qualifying in the middle of a corner and lost the back-end is stupid!

I have loads of spare buttons on my wheel! One thing that is lacking is a view change button. I pressed everything the other night and couldn't find one!

Also one major annoyance is that the DRS button is the same as last years look behind button on the PS3. The amount of times I've tried to look behind me in practise or qualifying in the middle of a corner and lost the back-end is stupid!

To change the view it's "RB" on the xbox controller, I don't know about the wheel, but the xbox controller is has no buttons left apart from two options on the directional pad, everything else is taken.

I also can't find the "pit" button, when you choose to pit, last year it was "Y" that's now been taken up by DRS.

There is no pit call or limiter button now. One of the sacrifices they have made you can just drive into the pits and you can't run over your jack man anymore (Boring, that was my way of releasing frustration on a bad race!). They do have a great status screen, it tells you where you expect to rejoin after a pit stop.

Have you had a SC yet?

I got a safety car yesterday straight after turn 1 on the first lap, it isn't fully developed from my experience, the throttle is auto controlled you can't go past a certain limit even if you apply the throttle, and then when you come to a braking zone if you don't brake hard you get a warning with the black and white flag saying your going to fast, for the first few laps of the safety the cars infront of me had a big gap even though I tried reducing it to them I couldn't go any faster, then all of a sudden when the safety car comes in you are back up behind them, but when the safety car comes and you resume racing, instead of putting in your hands you can't do anything until you get to the exit of the last corner and you lose time to the guys ahead.

Also, you need to weave to keep the tyres warm :)

Ye, I've just d/led - from what i've played so far the physics seems slightly improved (dont spin everytime u touch a curb, although perhaps it is to loose now), but overall it is just dissapointing - the graphics, the immersion. I don't know maybe cos it's still just a beta...

Back
Top Bottom