Gaming F1 2011

With only one minute to go in qualifying the grid looks set. What was thought to be a possible record setting grid, we only have three drivers.

Another disappointing weekend as I trundle around in the 1:13s, while Westy and JtB break the lap record by 3 seconds every lap. Will try harder next time.

Canada saw another new winner this season, bringing the total number to three. The grid was set on a rainy Saturday afternoon; Westy secured pole on the prime tire, Chreden scored a front row slot on the super soft options, while Jos stuck to tradition and remained in the pits saving his tires for a longer run in the race.

Sunday saw a great fight for the win. The start was clean going down to the first corner, Westy held the lead on the approach as Jos snuck by Chreden and then lunged up the inside for the lead. However, there was contact much in the same way as Hamilton's contact with Webber in Canada 2011. Jos took the lead, Chreden up to second as Westy negotiated the grass on the outside of th track and narrowly missed the barriers.

Jos then started to pull a big gap as Chreden and Westy battled for second place. There was contact (Westy hit Chreden from behind but relinquished the position gained by slowing down on the following straight). Westy was soon up to second after getting a better exit out of the hair pin on the main straight on the opening lap. The battle was still not over as there was further contact between the pair at the wall of champions. Chreden got the worst of it as he took damage to his front wing which was serviced at his first pit stop.

At the start of lap two Jos had a 9(needs varificaiob) second lead over Westy and was producing consistent lap times. Westy, however, had the red mist after his appalling start. Lap after lap Westy set the fastest lap and clawed the gap down to two seconds at the end of lap 8. Both the lead cars were on primes and Westy decided to pit whilst Jos stayed out for another lap. This was the difference in the race. Westy was able to put in a fantastic out lap and came out a fraction of a second ahead of the McLaren driver after he pitted on lap 9.

Jos closed the gap down to just over a second but was not able to get within striking distance. Westy and Jos ended the race about 40 seconds ahead of the Lotus who obviously suffered from his lap one incident.

Westy ended up with the pole, fastest lap, and the race win. The next race is Valencia and hopefully the grid will be even bigger than before. The audience member would obviously prefer to see the two top drivers (Bushi and Viscount) on a weekly basis, as we all would.

My write up time, and as always I decided to do 2 laps in qually, one on the options the other on primes to work on set up. Westy got pole with Chreden second and me 3rd deciding to start on the primes as I knew Westy was. The start came and I got another terrific start, snuck past chreden and Westy into the lead when I felt a big push up my backside and I held the slide nicely as my running on slicks in a partially wet track in qually experience helped me there, I then looked behind to see nobody there and was 7 seconds ahead of Westy so I decided to look after my tyres, I realised with some quick maths I could drop half a second and still be ahead by lap 8 when I was due to stop, and I managed to keep my tyres in nice shape I stayed out for an extra lap with the same pace however at the stops I had to change my front wing which the end plate was missing despite me not wanting it changed. So that was the reason to my poor stop as I watched Westy whizz past me, I knew I had no chance of catching up depite only being 1.5 seconds but I pushed and then got two 20 secon penalties which endangered me from losing 2nd to chreden but I managed to build 11 seconds to finish P2 with Westy first and chreden 3rd. A first race win from Westy comes without the two front runners. Our resident licence payer Geth will not be pleased with the 3 runners again. This takes the championship to:
1. Jos the Boss 101pts (7/7)
2. Viscount 97pts (6/7)
3. Bushi 87pts (5/7)
4. Westy 76pts (4/7)
5. Chreden 42pts (3/7)
6. Slyboody 18pts (1/7)
I lead the world championship! Despite having no wins, and I have done all the race mostly cus I host it!

2 as always, I've always wanted to move it earlier but you can't change the rules you started!

I think if all contestants agree to a rule change then that would be fine. Are there any other calls for starting the race earlier? Would it attract a bigger grid? The viewer must be at the forefront of our decision.

I think 2 is an ideal time, when F1 is on is doesn't clash with Qually and it doesn't clash with football, it can't be earlier than 12 or we lose at least 1/3-1/6th of our racers! So I don't think we are subject to change! I just don't like waiting that much!

Back
Top Bottom