Gaming F1 2011

Yeah, sorry about not being able to race. Every other weekend should be good. Where are we racing next time anyway?

A dark day for the Official CTA F1 2011 League* as for the second time, it is a none race. In an attempt to bring racers back, the next race shall be at the legendary Spa with Hungary coinciding with the Hungarian GP. With 2 notable racers coming up, we expect to be back in buisness, fan seemed to be disappointed until we provided him with his customary Suasage Roll and Bovril and he left the circuit after buying an expensive plane ticket for nothing!

*=Trademark

An interesting opening weekend of the Co-op championship featuring the partnership of Jos the Boss & Viscount for Mercedes AMG Petronas F1.

Viscount showed decent pace in the dry practice sessions but errors in the changeable conditions of qualifying cost him. After comfortably making it through Q1, he went out too late in Q2 on inters as the track started to dry up, so over-heated his tyres which started to blister. He came back to switch to options but then had the opposite problem of not being able to get heat into his tyres and ended up 15th on the grid. Teammate Jos meanwhile was strong in qualifying making it to Q3, but unfortunately chose to stay on inters while the rest of the top 10 switched to slicks at the end of Q3 and ended up P8.

For the dry race both drivers started on primes. After making up a few places at the start, Viscount unfortunately got squeezed into turn 3 and made contact with Perez which unfortunately resulted in him getting a drive through penalty. Being only a 12 lap it was going to be tough to make it back through the field. He took the penalty immediately dropping to the to take advantage of the clear air. After a number of fastest laps and overtakes he made his way up finishing 5th. Jos on the other hand had a very strong race and after starting 8th made his way to the front winning the opening race of the season.

The fan turned up in expectation of a race at Spa, instead he was flown out to Melbourne where Round 1 of the Co-op Championship between Vicount and I started. Now, everyone who raced with Viscount would know he is super quick and much faster than me, and it was proven in P1, P2 and P3, however I was trying to hide my true pace and didn't use KERS or DRS on any of those laps in order to try and lull my teammate into a sense of security, Q1 came and again, Viscount was faster in the wet this time and come Q2, I went out earliest and set 2 quick times to see me at the top of the standings, surprisingly Viscount had only done 1 slow lap and was still in the pits, so come the end of the session he went on options, as did most of the field and didn't get through and none of them beating my time on inters. In Q3, with only 1 Merc of me, I chose the inters to qualify knowing I could pick whatever tyres I could start on instead of being restricted to options, and I could only manage P8.
Race time and my team mate P15 with me P8 and I got an amazing start up to P2 and took Hamilton for P1, but the AI were quicker on their options and I couldn't pull away, on my mini map I could see 2 cars off the track and my radio told me "Iceman has had a collision" I next saw him in P24 on the timing screens. I then made a mistake into Ascari (T13) and got into the gravel allowing 2 cars through, I stayed out 2 laps longer than the leader Alonso and manage to jump back into P2 after my stop, but Webber passed me until I made a move into Whiteford (T3) I then lost some time to Alonso and with 3 laps i was 4.7 behind, but then I got the magnets on and started closing him in and on the last lap I was 0.9 behind him and closed at the end of the first sector, then coming out of the high speed chicane of T12 I was level with him and managed to put a move down into Ascari (T13) and took lead the race into the last few corners and took a fantastic win, Viscount worked his way up to a superb P5!

Are we racing this weekend? I just got back from the UK and am now free to race again! Sorry for my poor showing of late.

Back
Top Bottom