Gaming F1 2011

Can't...my rooms been hijacked by my minions, plus I'm going out in 20 or so minute, so it's nigh impossible, how about rescheduling?

Sorry lads, I couldn't make it today. What does this mean for Valencia? Off tr calendar for this season? That is a shame.

I guess next week at Silverstone then. Looking forward to it, despite it being one of my poorest tracks. I would love some setup assistance if anyone would care to help me out.

You'll need to, your spectator is still awaiting a refund on last week.
Technicalities indeed, I reckon it's more like political intriguing to try and get Bahrain back into the calendar!

A full refund is not possible, however your ticket is still usable for the revised Valencian GP! Please stay seated while in Silverstone though, your money support is needed!

Race write up time just minutes after it ended, Qually was the usual story, 2 laps of set-up work, start on a fresh set of primes like pole man Viscount and P3 Westy, Race started and we all got away in grid order, Viscount from Me from Westy, I then made a mistake and went wide into Turn 4 leaving at prey on the hangar straight, Westy dived down my inside but I braved it round the outside as he went onto the grass and allowed me to re pass, very gentleman like! I then lead him into Lap 2 until he out braked me down the inside into Stowe, I left a lot of room like in Turkey and I was made to pay again! I then was losing time as he pulled away and then yellow flags came out, and Viscount had had an accident, and on the next lap he pitted behing Westy leaving me in the lead for a bit until i came in the lap after. I was then given 2 20 second time penalties for "corner cutting" at Vale, where I took too much of the curb on the outside, then going into Maggots on lap 9/10 i was black flagged for cutting it, even though I was riding the apex. So as I was destined to come 3rd, I watched the Viscount vs Westy battle, and Westy lead out of the hangar straight and out of becketts, Viscount had a tremendous run out and slip streamed, pulled out and drew alongside Westy who then came across on Viscount, they contacted and Westy kept the lead, then into Vale, the last turn, Viscount tried to brave it around the outside, but Westy I think cut the corner and then pushed Viscount off the track into collosal oversteer across the line with an agressive performance by Westy getting him the win, which some may say unfairly but this may prove, that Viscount is prone to mistakes as he was in a different postcode when he made the mistake, while Westy is very violent under pressure!
After that the world championship looks like this:
1. Jos the Boss 116pts (8/8)
2. Viscount 115pts (7/8)
3. Westy 101pts (5/8)
4. Bushi 87pts (5/8)
5. Chreden 42pts (3/8)
6. Slyboody 18pts (1/8)
I still lead, by a point, mainly because I've competed in all the races, but still winless! Viscount just behind after a violent alteration with Westy and Westy jumps to third after being Schumacher esque in the last few corners!
The Stewards may remove him from the results for unsporting behaviour! We'll hand over to Viscount and resident licence payer gethinceri to decide whether he takes a penalty!

Very accurate write up from Jos. I enjoyed my battle with him at the beginning of the race. Always a pleasure and a rewarding feeling to battle with him.

Viscount deserved the victory today. He was the class of the field. My defense on the last lap was very reminiscent of Hamilton in '11. I will work on that in the future.

Edit: great to see the top three in the title race so close together.

No penalties awarded, CTA F1-2011 needs to be a blend of F1 and BTCC!
I concur with Westy it's great to see a close championship even though my spectating experiences draw parallels with Phineus' view of the Harpies.

Couldn't pull out the win this week at the home grand prix but had a fun race nonetheless. Due to pre-race complaints about too fragile Pirelli tyres most teams chose to save the tyres for the race not setting a qualifying time, so being the only one to go out I was guaranteed pole.

Had a good start and pulled away at the front for the first few laps. Built up a decent lead but at the end of lap 5, coming round the final turn onto the new pit straight I took too much curb, spun the rear and hit the pit wall damaging my front wing. Unfortunately this meant that Westy was able to overtake me and Jos closed up the gap to a few seconds behind me. I pitted the next lap behind Westy losing even more time getting my wing replaced. Left the pits with 4 laps to go just over 5 seconds behind Westy and began my charge, I was catching him up but I knew it was going to come down the last lap. Started the final lap about 6 tenths behind Westy, got into the DRS zone but decided to save all my KERS for the hangar straight as I figured that would be my best chance to overtake. Got closer and closer throughout the lap, then after a good exit onto the hangar straight I used all my KERS to try to overtake Westy's Mercedes. He came across with a move Schumacher and Rosberg would be proud of, but I kept my foot in and edged slightly ahead. We came into the final few turns banging wheels like Massa & Hamilton last year, but Westy had the better position and finished in front. Unfortunately Jos in 3rd got disqualified close to the end.

Well done Westy, on to Spain.

PS: In regards to the contact with Westy I felt it was just a racing incident. Aggressive, but to be fair in those last few turns I couldn't even see where Westy was when we kept touching so I doubt he could really see me either and neither of us spun.

Don't think we should have races during the European leg on the day the f1 circus is about, the qualifying clashes with the race time, and everyone's got other things to do on a Saturday after 2.

Still sitting in the grandstand, the other fan left hours ago. Not sure what I've just experienced, if anything at all, no post-race reports, poor return on my substantial investment as title sponsor of the event.

Back
Top Bottom