Current Daniel Ricciardo

I noticed young Daniel didn't have his own thread so thought I'd give him on as sure he'll be around for a good few years.

Born in 1989 (that makes him 22 before you do the maths) this aussie started karting at the age of 9 and in 2005 entered the Western Australian Formula Ford Championship as a privateer driving a car that was 15 years old at the time and managed to finish 8th. He won a scholarship to compete in Formula BMW Asia the following year. As we all know he eventually became involved in the Red Bull young driver programme after winning the British Formula 3 championship in 2009.

Became Red Bull's test driver and has now stepped up to drive for HRT. Has been really hyped as the next big thing by the Red Bull team and the press. Eddie Jordan described him as a future world champion before he'd even done his first Grand Prix. The truth is though he has not set the world alight at HRT. How can one set the world alight at HRT I hear you ask to which I say - good point! Although he has beaten Liuzzi twice already in the races I believe he needs to get on top of him in quali too. Also he's being beaten by quite a way in the Formula Renault 3.5 Series by both Robert Wickens and Jean-Eric Vergne.

So Ricciardo - future number 1 or going going gone?

Fernando's got his 'Championships in Newy cars don't count' T-shirt on again I see.

Flavio really taught Alonso everything he kniws when it comes to handling the media.

Three, it apparently is the magic number. The third horse in the two-horse race wins its third race in car 3 to move clear in third in the Championship!

For someone to have consecutive wins in a not-Mercedes in 2014 is one heck of an impressive effort and should be commended to the highest heights.

He really has staked his claim. If Renault can squeeze some more power out of the car and give RBR a pre-season without an engine that detonates on start up, he should really be in the hunt next year.

A great drive from the smiler this weekend. It's a shame the producer didn't show more of it. He shaded his 4x WDC again and that must surely be recognised now as more than just luck. I've always liked the guy and he has so far surpassed my modest expectations of him. He's always there to pick up the pieces when Merc' mess up. The new star has crested the horizon.

The fastest lap at Spa was made by Rosberg, by 1.9 seconds. The fastest RBR lap was by Vettel 2.4 seconds quicker than Vettel, very closely followed by Ricciardo. It will take more than a slight squeeze of power for RBR to catch up.

Danny has been given the Lorenzo Bandini award. Many congrats to him and well deserved.

bandini_inarticle_237573573838.jpg

http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com/article/daniel-awarded-prestigious-trofeo-bandini

Dan's superb performances were enough to convince the judges that his name should be the next to feature on the trophy beside such stellar names as Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Robert Kubica, Fernando Alonso, Jacques Villeneuve, David Coulthard and Michael Schumacher.

Key:
[box=60]Stellar name
Included because they drove for Red Bull
Jacques Villeneuve[/quote]

EDIT: I note they don't include that the last two winners were Piero Ferrari and Bruno Senna, either.

Last edited:
Bandini's widow looks like my Mum, who lived to the ripe old age of 94, and as sharp as a needle as well. We all still did as we were told up until the day she died. So I wouldn't want to cross swords with Mrs Bandini. ( I did love my Mum, but I wouldn't take her on in an argument)

Back
Top Bottom