Featured Grand Prix 2019 Australian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Pre-season chatter is promissing crowded podium. Renault is now grabbing headlines how close they are to Ferrari.
    Sheezzzz... Ferrar, RBR, Mercedes, Renault ...? This is going to be fun at T1 / Jones. I could actually see Max taking straight line and not be bothered with minor details line track topography.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    for me the gap will shrink I believe but 1 pre season is not enough to close that gap where we consistently having teams top 3, minute ahead of the other 7. I doubt we will have the grosjean being 4th but getting lapped again. but then as long the drivers can race each other that going to be the great thing, which they feel that they can & ross brawn for all the stick he taking is about to poteinally deliver the signs are more promising than depressing headlines of 2017

if I was going to take a punt at the running order. I would guess at
    Ferrari
    Mercedes
    Red Bull

Haas
    Renault
    Toro Rosso
    Alfa Romeo
    Racing Point
    McLaren

Williams

BradMan and gethinceri like this.
  4. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Aww, that gap between the rest and Williams is huge! Probably realistic though sadly.

5. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    it was sort of half joke but it is bad the only team not to break 1:18.

6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think you're a bit harsh McLaren there.

7. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Less than 2 weeks to go until we find out.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  8. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yes indeed.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  9. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

You would put Alfa Romeo that low? I will place them leading midfield, but then... We don't really know

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  10. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i think it was a toss up between them & racing point for that spot i had McLaren 8th. but on both last yr displays with there residual pace & mercedes engine would just see racing point edge it. also my explanation for 4th - 7th below & only 10 teams means thats where McLaren i feel slot in on process of elimination.

its just educated guesswork & hunches. from testing analysis. but ill explain how i got to my midfield thinking

Haas - great out of the box in 2018 & seem to repeated that feat again 2019. look quick on the tyre comparisons & "estimated" corrections

Renault - seem good & considering the money they have. "enhanced" engine & the fact they have the 2nd best driver partnership on the grid. anything lower would be disaster for them cant have Riccardo trundeling around on a merit 13th

Toro Rosso - have a feeling that they could surprise & have an actually decent car using the benefit of improved Honda engine & red bull tie up. testing times seems good. & have 2 talented drivers in the car

Alfa Romeo - looked good 1st test, but once the qualifying runs started. i felt they lacked something. but i could have them higher but process of elimination & someone got to slot somewhere

BradMan likes this.
  11. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

Yes, they have seem to have fallen back have'nt they. One is not sure is they are holding back or been more experiential. Reports from drivers are abit misty (even Kimi is unsure about potential of the car), Gio is still...uhm...learning things...

Actually, I can't really argue with your analysis but hope that Alfa springs a surprise (Kimi for one never shows his true potential during testing). They were after all one of the teams with quite radical concepts

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  12. Radical F1

Radical F1 Learner

Out of curiosity, What is your first 3 prediction ?

Angel likes this.
  13. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Radical, my friend, how long we know each other? I don't do predictions. Chances of cardiac arrest is then lower. You know for whom I am cheering, but I will be happy if he survives T1 and can develop race strategy par excellence.
    - It's too close to make a call.
    - I am not sure what Whiting did to engines (closing "grey" areas Honda was complaining about).

14. Angel

Featured Threads:

For me it's 1st Vettel, 2nd Leclerc, 3rd I'm going to say it's likely to be Hamilton, but maybe Bottas will surprise us all, including himself and his team mate.

That's what I'm hoping for (on the top two steps at least) as much as what I expect.

Radical F1 likes this.
  15. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Verstappen to win, everyone else to DNF :D

16. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Verstappen? Its possible, but only because he will cut T1 in straight line, and FiA let him to finish the race. After race he will be punished for the infraction by serving 1 week of community service on beaches of Majorka.

17. Angel

Featured Threads:
    I hope he's in your Fantasy Team for Australia then in that case ;)

18. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He is indeed Angel

19. Radical F1

Radical F1 Learner

I know. I just thought I can lure you to prediction :snigger:

20. Radical F1

Radical F1 Learner

Very sensible prediction.

Angel likes this.
  21. Radical F1

Radical F1 Learner

Got ya Izumi ! That right up there is a prediction LOL

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice