YOU BET GAME - 2019

Yay Ruslan is playing this game too!! :D

For every £2 you bet, you get £3 back, I think, so if you bet so for 10, you'd get back 15 plus your bet money so £25 in total.

If you play each way and you get fourth it's £13.75 by my calculation. I'm not entirely sure I've done it right, one of the others might have to check that.

Ruslan if you look at the betting examples above it helps.
But to answer your question.

If you place a £10 bet to win on Lewis at 3/2 and he wins you would win £15+your stake money is returned = total return £25

If you bet £10 each way it costs double (£20 in total) as it is in effect 2 bets.

If you place a £10 e.w. bet on Lewis at 3/2 and he wins you would win £15 for the win part of the bet + £10 stake returned AND £3 for the place part of the bet + £10 stake money returned. Total £38

If he came second third or forth you loose the £10 stake from the win part of the bet. Winnings from the place part are as above £3 plus the £10 stake is returned = Total £13 meaning you would be £7 down on your original £20 money staked, despite having 'won'.

It only really makes sense to go e.w. on odds of 5/1 or better.

Click the button 'betting examples' in the first post for more examples.

Yay Ruslan is playing this game too!! :D

For every £2 you bet, you get £3 back, I think, so if you bet so for 10, you'd get back 15 plus your bet money so £25 in total.

If you play each way and you get fourth it's £13.75 by my calculation. I'm not entirely sure I've done it right, one of the others might have to check that.

I take it that you never got a First Class Degree in Maths then. In your first example the £10 that you get back is your own money, you can't count it twice. Each way bets usually one third or one fourth according to the number of runners (or drivers in this course).

When I was an apprentice a few of us used to look at the horses and there odds each day. I did not bet, but one day was persuaded to do so; the odds were good in the paper so I went each way hoping to cover myself in case of my horse not winning. That is what happened, starting odds had changed so I got back less than I put on.

That was the end of my gambling carreer but I did learn a very useful lesson - there are a lot of people who will give you money for no sensible reason, they simply can't help it. That proved to be useful later on, no cheating or anything like that just play the odds and it the odds aren't there don't play.

I take it that you never got a First Class Degree in Maths then. In your first example the £10 that you get back is your own money, you can't count it twice. Each way bets usually one third or one fourth according to the number of runners (or drivers in this course).

When I was an apprentice a few of us used to look at the horses and there odds each day. I did not bet, but one day was persuaded to do so; the odds were good in the paper so I went each way hoping to cover myself in case of my horse not winning. That is what happened, starting odds had changed so I got back less than I put on.

That was the end of my gambling carreer but I did learn a very useful lesson - there are a lot of people who will give you money for no sensible reason, they simply can't help it. That proved to be useful later on, no cheating or anything like that just play the odds and it the odds aren't there don't play.

I didn't get a degree in Maths you're right, but Greenlantern101 said you get £25 back on a win bet part, which is what I said to be fair, so I got that bit right.

As for what you get on the place bet, I did think I wasn't completely right there, but I tried.

Back
Top Bottom