• Sebastien Buemi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Now Torro Rosso have announced their line up, time to choose who is going to finish higher in the WDC between Sebastien "Amir Khan look-a-likey" Buemi or Jaime "should I change my name to Sebastien?" Alguersuari.

For those who can't make their minds up there is the Ford Focus option.

I'm tempted to push for a fourth column of don't really care but that dosn't help.

LOL

In this instance I'm going for Beumi. Jaimie Unspellable hasn't really done anything to show he's great and we know that TR likes it's Sebastians.

I have to go with Buemi. I have my doubts that Alguersauri (isn't that the name of some kind of dinosaur?) will even last out the season. Having a contract did't help Bourdais, did it?

This is freaky - I was just thinking we need a don't care/doesn't matter vote and started reading down and had 'deja vu' when I got to CaT's comment... :thinking:

Any road up, I'm going for Buemi, I don't care, nobody cares, I can't see either of them lining up for Webber's spot, but none the less this seems to be being run like an in series feeder team.

I hope these guys surprise me, but at the moment I fail to see the point of this team... :swoon:

Should I change the last option to "Too close to call/couldn't give a monkey's"? I think that might be true for many of the lower order teams but won't help you much in Bro's Teammate Challenge competition.

Anywho, I'm going to go with the herd and vote Buemi although Jaime whatisface might do better having got a season under his belt and had some winter testing.

I'm not in the don't care camp, the Toro Rosso project is intriguing. Red Bull's idea of giving experience to their young drivers is a great plan; didn't do Vettel much harm, nor Alonso at Minardi!

Jaime Alguersuari is only 19, so I don't see any reason why improvement should be off the agenda. Meanwhile, Sebastien Buemi looked quite good at the end of last season, and at the beginning for that matter.

I still think Buemi will be the man to win this duel, but I'm not writing off Alguersuari any time soon. From small acorns...

I think teabag has got it spot on. Alguersuari is only 19 and it was much harder last season than before for a rookie because of the lack of in-season testing. However, Buemi has had some impressive performances and Jaime won't be a pushover.

The Ferrari power will be massive advantage over the returning (and I think it will be unreliable and underpowered) Cosworth engine and the teams who will be running them. If a team is around to scavenge points then I think it will be Toro Rosso - especially the one driven by Buemi. My vote goes to him.

I'll watch this particular contest with mild disinterest. I'm some way from the edge of my seat... :sleeping:

I can't see Algae beating Buemu, so I'm voting for Beumi! :bored:

A clean sweep for Buemi so far.

My vote too goes to him as JA really didn't do much at all last season, even with the testing ban.

I'm surprised Toro Rosso re-signed him to be honest.

Kamui Kobayashi did seem to suggest the testing ban didn't have a part to play, but then he did drive the car at Suzuka.

You talk like his F1 career should be over. At 19!? That's ridiculous!

I think the general feeling is that at 19 it shouldn't really have started yet.

In terms of debuts has he really done anything to suggest he is a massive un-tapped tallent? It would be great to see him in a better car for a better team but he needs to prove he deserves to be there. Given a chance to get some testing miles under his belt he may have a much improved season this year and as you say he's too young to write off but it's going to be hard for him to impress now that there are a lot more drivers in the field all looking to move up the ladder.

cider_and_toast said:

I think the general feeling is that at 19 it shouldn't really have started yet.

In terms of debuts has he really done anything to suggest he is a massive un-tapped tallent? It would be great to see him in a better car for a better team but he needs to prove he deserves to be there. Given a chance to get some testing miles under his belt he may have a much improved season this year and as you say he's too young to write off but it's going to be hard for him to impress now that there are a lot more drivers in the field all looking to move up the ladder.

He hasn't had an Alonso-esque début half-season, but there are few like Alonso around. No, he wasn't blistering, but over his time in F1 he wasn't pointing the wrong way like Grosjean all the time (except in Japan) and he also often outqualified people like Fisichella and Liuzzi in generally better cars, and Nakajima on occasion. He outqualified Alonso in Abu Dhabi. He's not done badly enough to justify not retaining a seat at a junior level (which STR is)!

I'm pretty much "All of the above". Buemi will shade it, but it'll be a world's tallest dwarf competition.

Geoff P is spot on also, what is the point of Torro Rosso? If they/RB want them to be a feeder team, then why not just go to GP2 and see how the young pups a) race higher up the field and b) set up a car, without the pressure of learning how to develop it also.

Was the Torro Rosso a poor car in the second half of the 2009 season? Since it had by mid season everything that the Red Bull had at the beginning (aside from the explosive engine), I find it hard to believe it was anything other than a very useful car. Buemi qualified in the top ten in the last four races of the season and I am pretty sure he is not the "second coming"...

Not sure the STR will have been an RBR clone, I get the feeling that RBR will have had quite a lot in hand; they wouldn't want a Honda/Super Aguri (2007) situation!

Buemi is underrated by a lot of people :disappointed: :disappointed: and I'm not one of them and I think he's going to finish not just ahead of JA but ahead of a lot of other teams. The shock of the year.

Back
Top Bottom