Which other drivers would have also overtaken Webber?

Which other drivers would have also overtaken Webber?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this the other day but sometimes a person's opinion of a driver is formed from judgement of their behaviour rather than judgement of their behaviour formed from their opinion of the driver (which is non-rational). I tend to think that the latter is rather childish and un-objective and so I tend to give most people the benefit of the doubt in this respect.

That said, some are beyond the affordance of that benefit.

That is a very idealistic notion. Rather goes against the underlying trend of irrationality associated with the human condition.

Yes. I am an idealist and I try to suppress any non-rational judgement of other individuals, as I do cultures and groups of individuals, etc.

I am a realist. I fully appreciate that my mind does things without me knowing, so I take more time to view things before attempting a justification, knowing that sometimes what I believe to be well formulated objective opinions are actually subjective justifications for a view that I arrived at subconsciously and possibly irrationally.

I accept that I am flawed, and try to make adjustment. I find it has served me well so far.

I am both an idealist and a realist. I accept that little is ideal but do believe in ideals and the good that can come of them. Racism, for example would be much more rife in our society if not for the formulation and propagation of ideals. To be a total realist is to accept everything as it is whereas to subscribe to idealism at some level is to strive for progress towards a better world. There are of course clashes of ideals but I can accept these through my understanding and subscription to realism.

[EDIT] In relation to my original point, I think it is a copout and tantamount to tribalism to make judgements about people's motives based on their allegiances.

Why? It happens all the time, and I can accept that. It is the nature of the world, is it not?

Edit: and those are strong words from a fully objective idealist realist.

Personally, I find I'm just too old to waste time wrestling with whether or not I myself is being objective or subjective. I just try to weigh up the pro's and con's of whatever it is I'm thinking about. Hence my propensity for rarely coming to a conclusion and often rolling along in indecision. I just wish I could retire so that I could enjoy this condition on a permanent basis.:bored:

Ideally I would prefer we got back on topic but realistically I could see how this might go on for a while.

Some things are to accept and some are to change. Given that Darwinistically speaking we are more the masters of our evolution than any other creature our evolution is mostly through progressive development of our cultures. For example, if you can help to steer a person away from social bigotry then their kids may never learn to subscribe to the same views and they and all will be better for it.

I don't point these statements at you but consider them an abstract, and possibly extreme, example to make my point.

If I do not practice what I preach or follow my ideals and if I do not stand by them when challenged then realistically they are merely hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom