Which other drivers would have also overtaken Webber?

Which other drivers would have also overtaken Webber?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Webber should have taken him out Prost and Senna style. Only way to deal with a guy like Vettel is to teach them a draconian lesson.

Yeah because when Prost did it to Senna in 89 it really showed Senna who was boss and stopped him doing that sort of thing.....oh no wait hang on it just made it worse.

I must confess that I am mystified that more people think MS would have passed Webber than Senna. Senna was the progenitor of all of MS's misdeeds, including shoving a WDC competitor (in his case, his team-mate) into a wall.

Me and I would have overtaken Hamilton as well.....

I don't know what the drivers would do I only know what I would do given that situation....

The fact of the matter is that In the year Schumacher broke his leg, on his come back he was asked to play the team game and he did supporting and letting Irvine through on several occasions and so history tells us that he would not have overtaken Webber...

Schumacher was out of the championship and had nothing to fight for. He was a reluctant supporter of Irvine's championship anyway as were the whole Ferrari team. This incident was the second race into a season with everything to play for so cannot be compared. I would hazard if Schumi can endanger his own brother's life at Monaco then chances are he almost certainly would've passed Webber.

Quintessentially

To show his ruthlessness he forced his brother near the wall Nurburgring 2001 I remember but the race will always be remembered for Ralf getting a penalty for crossing the white line out of the pits but Michael did not despite doing the same thing
-----------------------------------------------

Schumacher nearly forced Barrichello into a wall and sneaked some points off him like 2 laps from the end in Monaco 2005 and the team congratulated his ultra competitiveness whilst Rubens was moaning it was so risky to do .. in all sense Rubens really should have moved after 2002

I don't think Jenson would do that to Mark because they are good mates off track
---------------------------------

as for sneaky drivers

Senna - it only ever happened against Prost though to the point Prost almost considered quitting F1 even his 89 season ALain said it was his worst. He thought if Senna wants the title so bad that he would die for it then PRost would give it to him

Pironi - knew he could not beat his more talented teammate so messed with his head

Reutemann - famously ignored team orders for Jones to win the BRazil GP in 1981 which subsequently lead to a massive fall out in the Williams team where they lost the drivers title to Piquet and it was " Jones or Reutemann" for Williams 1982 and Jones was forced to retire

Arnoux - another one who ignored team orders to win French GP in 1982 ahead of PRost . Alain sulked which actually turned the press against him but the row subsequently forced Arnoux out of Renault to Ferrari

Schumacher was out of the championship and had nothing to fight for. He was a reluctant supporter of Irvine's championship anyway as were the whole Ferrari team. .

Just watched the 1999 Malaysian Grand Prix on Sky.

Shumacher played the team game amazingly, and yet still could have won the race.

And that's with, driving slow, holding up Hakkinen while Irvine sprinted away, and not having the optimum strategy.

While all that blabber above was irrelevant, irrespective whether he was reluctant supporter or not for Irvine's championship campaign, he still managed to oblige when he had to.

Edit: I also remember him pushing Ralf Schumacher out wide when he had a puncture so Barrichello could pass them both.

Senna - it only ever happened against Prost though to the point Prost almost considered quitting F1 even his 89 season ALain said it was his worst. He thought if Senna wants the title so bad that he would die for it then PRost would give it to him

Er, no. Ask Gerhard Berger if "it only ever happened against Prost".

Slyboogy Quintessentially

Schumacher only came back after the debacle of the "Spare tyre" missing in Nurburgring and Luca rang Schumacher asking about a comeback and his daughter said he was in the garden playing football that forced Schumi to return

Schumacher was not really accomodating the next race and did not really hussle or harry Hakkinen for the win when Irvine was back in 3rd

Fenderman

I'd like to know when Senna did a sneaky move on Berger because most of the time Gerhard has had to move over for Ayrton because he was never in the title hunt

Thanks Slyboogy that's the point I was trying to make whilst I don't like team orders, when Schumacher was given them he followed them to the letter all the other instances quoted about him happened whilst he ws not under team orders....

I'm fairly sure the team never asked him to park his car at the penultimate corner in Monaco to stop Alonso getting pole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom