Which other drivers would have also overtaken Webber?

Which other drivers would have also overtaken Webber?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schumi, Senna, Piqeut Snr and Peroni all great shouts for the retired/deceased. Piquet Jr on the other hand would total his car for his teammate. Whata guy! Utterly selfless.

Out of the current guys, got to say Button's the most likely. Turkey and Japan 2010 if I remember correctly are examples. Trying to take the win off Hamilton after they'd both been told to hold station, then being put back in his place. In Japan Hamilton was still partially in the running for the title and had a gearbox issue, Button could've stayed behind and not lost any positions but took the 4th (?) place for the sake of it.

Webber will if given half a chance from now on!

Least likely, Rosberg is obvious, Hamilton's too conscious about pleasing everyone, Raikkonen appears a straight forward and honest fellow from everything I've read about him. Quick Nick certainly wouldn't, and that may have been his downfall. Massa, of course. Grosjean's gotten out of Kimi's way a couple of times before.

I loved Sato's face.

Turkey, Jenson was not told to hold station, he was told to save fuel a lot earlier in the race and had enough to get to the end at the speed he was, then Lewis was told to save fuel, Jenson had a go, then the team told him to hold station and he did. Japan, Lewis was far too slow, Jenson had a chance to get a podium. EvilWhippet - Please get the facts straight if you are going to try to rubbish a driver.

I could see Alonso and Senna doing it. None of the others on that list, even Schumacher as he wouldn't need to as the team would have asked his team mate to move out of the way..

Schuacher and Button. Button because we have seen him do it in recent years, albeit with some apparent collusion from his side of the garage. Schumacher of old, because there isn't much he wouldn't have done for the inglorious glory.

Surely the Button incident being referred to is more akin to the Rosberg role in todays race?

Schumacher, I believe would have, although there would have been no issue due to contractual status.

No. The Button incident in my opinion is much more akin to the Red Bull incident in my eyes. Webber was assured his teammate would hold station on two occasions exactly as Hamilton was in Turkey. The following driver then took a liberty. The outcome was different, ultimately, but the morality of the incident is equatable.

It depends how much each driver is sensitive to his long term needs. Think Senna letting Berger through at Suzuka or Schumacher repaying Barrichello at Indianapolis. Vettel may have gained 7 points but he's now lost a team-mate in all probability. If it comes to the title picture, Webber's cooperation could be worth more than 7 points.

I get what you're saying ExtremeNinja but i have to confess that I see more similarity between the Lewis/Jenson Turkey and Lewis/Nico Sepang incidents. in both cases when forced to battle Lewis held his own and won the dices and the team orders were firmly stressed (and adhered to by the drivers) re. holding station to stop the fighting and bring the cars home. In both cases had the respective drivers received no instruction to the contrary they certainly would have continued to fight it out. We would have seen the known consequence of at least one combatant running out of fuel and failing to score. There would also have been the worst case scenario of the combatants crashing out with neither party scoring.

On the other hand, Seb's and Mark's battle today was all too similar to their adventure in Turkey and it scared the living daylights out of Red Bull's pit wall. If I close my eyes and pretend to be Christian Horner or Adrian Newey I see shredded carbon fibre where my cars should be :)

I think there are similarities in both at different stages of the incident. They all had a little taste of each other. I think I am just looking at it from a point of individual petulance, defiance, etc. If we look at transpired events without the emotive information then the Hamilton/Rosberg battle was more similar, IMO.

Stirling Moss would have said "After you, Dear Chap. I'll have a pint and packet of fag's for my trouble, OK?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom