Which 2 people in F1 do you respect the most?

Michael Schumacher - witnessing several records getting broken is rare to witness in a lifetime, I've seen it a few times though in sports, but it started off with him. First driver I saw with relentlessness, and he's cameback and still not given despite all the rumours every year. Being 43 and racing against top drivers who are in their 20s and early 30s and still being competitive is quite an achievement.

Sebastien Buemi - just for the mere fact the amount of respect I have from him being the only moose driver on the grid, plus they way he manages to get his helmet on despite having huge antlers.

Because they come and go like light bulbs you plug one in and it does the job, not only that it loves doing it and it gets paid handsomely for doing it, Its only purpose is to be a light bulb, until it burns out and the lucky ones get recycled into BBC pundits..

Marshals get more respect from me than drivers.

Don't get me wrong I love all the drivers but they are simply the end product.

Just my opinion of course.

I don't see how it's crass, each of them risks alot and only the best get paid so handsomely. The fact most of them are only around for the blink of an eye shows how much they're risking in their career just by trying. Even in the knowledge that they're unlikely to make it to the top they still put in a huge amount of effort to get there, and besides, what would the sport be without them? Remote control cars?

Agreed but it is a matter of whether you think the drivers are the most important things or not, maybe crass was the wrong word to use.

I am always open to persuasion as far as my opinions are concerned, and like it when people challenge them.

Being stubborn is not a good or a desirable thing to be.

How about Jackie Stewart? Without his work it would have taken much longer for safety regulations to come in. The introduction of safety rules also meant that Sid Watkins could get into the loop with less hassle.

Stewart saved many lives, every driver who ever goes off the circuit should say a thank you to him.

Back
Top Bottom