Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toro Rosso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another team

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Retirement

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
I have a little first hand knowledge, and I suspect the Webber/Horner discussion may have centered around Mark's embarrassment at being publicly order to "slow down." Mark argued that it would seem reasonable to let him "appear" to challenge Vettel, to get very close to him, but not actually pass for position. It would look good to all racing fans, it would allow Webber to maintain his honor as a racer, and it would be as effective as team orders without the embarrassment of having to issue the directive for all the world to see and hear.

Webber will not allow himself to be seen as anyone's "bitch." ... So PLEASE, no obvious team orders that yank his Ozzie balls right out of his driving suit.

Just make an agreement in the paddock to the circumstances that would imply team orders, let Mark appear to race, and do not yank his balls by embarrassing him in front of all of OZ on live television.
http://www.formula1journal.com/

Isn't being asked to hold station with 2 or 3 laps to go to avoid DNFs common practice, though? How is that an embarrassment?

That's totally different to unfairly asking the leader to "Move Over And Hand The Win To The Guy Behind".

They're not the same thing. The first case is preventing a preventable intra-team crash and DNF when both are all alone on the track with no one directly in front or directly behind...and the later case is taking a knife and sticking it into the back of the guy who's been running ahead on merit.

Totally different.

As per Aussies. The folks in 'OZ' should know that Reutemann was given a JONES-REUT board by Frank Williams when he was leading the 1981 Brazilian Grand Prix from reigning World Champion Alan Jones by 10 Seconds!!! 10 friggin' seconds!!!

That was pathetic.

Mark has already shown he ain't Vettel's Bitch. Last year in Turkey. Now in Silverstone. We all know he ain't anyone' Bitch.

I'd argue that Mark maintained his "honour as a racer" more by ignoring the orders publically that any silly girly contrived show. That's how Gilles Villeneuve lost the San Marino GP in 1982 to Pironi...he thought Pironi closing and passing him twice in the final 3 laps was merely "show". It ended in tragedy.

Cheers, mate.

Here's how another Aussie handled his teammate at Dijon 81. After making an early pit stop, Alan Jones found himself a lap adrift behind teammate Carlos Reutemann. Jones followed him for a bit, but then decided he wanted to get on with it. Reutemann did not appreciate this and consequently "buzzed" the pit-wall on the three following laps, visibly showing his displeasure.

Lesson = It pays to have the #1 on your car.

Here's how another Aussie handled his teammate at Dijon 81.

Hehe. What fun! :snigger: That was a handful of races after the GP I refered to in the previous post where Reutemann refused to heed to the JONES-REUT pit board sign and give up his 10 seconds lead and the Victory to Jones. That's where they fell out. Brazil, I believe. 2nd or 3rd race of the year, I think.

That was the race (Brazil) where Frank Williams waved a huge spanner at Reutemann from the pit wall to indicate his displeasure at not heeding to team orders! LOL

LOLOL!!! ;)

Can you share a video edit of that race by any chance, Keke? :)

Can you share a video edit of that race by any chance, Keke? :)

Maybe. I've got a version with Japanese commentary, but I won't be going through that today. Just had a look at that Lap Chart and the Podium places did not change at all during the whole race. Reutemann led from Jones and Patrese on Lap 1 through 62!

6a0120a5145462970b01538fe67b2b970b-pi

I lol'ed at this,......fan frikkin' tastic.ROFL

Just don't see why Red Bull keep on keeping Webber....and I hope they don't, give someone younger a chance now, Webber's had 3 years in a winning car, this year bar his problems, he hasn't even lead one lap in a car that's won 6 out of 9 races, and hasn't lead an outright lap since Hungary 2010.

Nothing but a man that causes trouble...

Did it at Jaguar, Williams too, and in Red Bull since 2009.

Back
Top Bottom