Pre-Season Where should replace Shanghai?

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Given that it is likely that the Chinese GP will be postponed/cancelled due to n-Coronavirus (or COVID 19 as it is now known), quite often in the past, cancelled races have been replaced last-minute by other destinations- notably Donington in 1993, and Brands Hatch in 1985.

Where should hold a GP in April, instead of Shanghai?

There is, of course, a circuit in Germany, that benefits from poor weather to deliver a fantastic race... maybe the Chinese GP should be held at Hockenheim?!?

im in shock that F1 has actually used common sense for maybe the F1 time. but then ive heard through social media the reason why they have waited until now is. because of the wait china came to them & now they dont have to give a refund. which could be potentially new regime same old ideas

but for me that China doesnt happen unless its swapped with probably Singapore or Japan

Are you suggesting they swap a virus hot-spot for one of their neighbours?

Maybe not a great idea? LOL

when have F1 ever had great ideas LOL

but they are saying they want to reschedule & to be fair neighbouring Hanoi is 1200 miles & yet Singapore is 3100 miles Japan is 1500 miles we are still going there albeit later in the year. If Liberty are that desperate that is the only options available because teams wont agree to a race in summer break at all nevermind in the month that is hottest part of the year & 2nd highest rainfall of the year. nobody is going to want a triple header at end of the season & considering that we have the biggest car change going since 1998 maybe they are not going to want to end the season on december 6th at the end of a triple header

basically what im saying is, china final race with this era of f1 cars was in 2019

I would consider any far east venue to be at risk at the present, things may become clear in a month or so, if numbers with the virus esculate outside China then the season could be cancelled along with other events.

Major sporting events are just one of the things that cause major infections to be spread across the world- i am amazed that there has been no discussion of cancelling the olympics; I’m equally amazed that F1 is considering going to the Far East at all...

the huge movement of people and equipment just creates perfect conditions for spreading bio-contaminants. Maybe we should all be considering how we move forward!

I suppose that you equate risk the same way as chances of getting shot or killed, you would avoid Syria as number one then probably Iraq as number two, your choice on the others but many go to the USA and by news reports that is a high risk, but a big country, the odds in any country is dying by road accident with or without viruses :dunno:

Given that it is likely that the Chinese GP will be postponed/cancelled due to n-Coronavirus (or COVID 19 as it is now known), quite often in the past, cancelled races have been replaced last-minute by other destinations- notably Donington in 1993, and Brands Hatch in 1985.

Where should hold a GP in April, instead of Shanghai?

There is, of course, a circuit in Germany, that benefits from poor weather to deliver a fantastic race... maybe the Chinese GP should be held at Hockenheim?!?

Imola? Mugello? Brands Hatch? Donington?as long as they race at some proper track it's ok by me, I'd be glad if they avoided any Tilke disigned track as well as any place with no proper F1 heritage

interesting that imola has submitted a entry to replace Shanghai

I wonder how much money they put on the table when they submitted that entry as by the looks of things they have no meaningful backing from either ACI, Italy's central government nor the regional government and Formula Imola looks to have very limited resources, I must assume that they propose to host the race for a pittance. In a sense that would be good as it looks as if the most a venue is willing to pay to host a race the poorer the race is. Imola is IMHO a great track but the 2 chicanes at Tamburello and before Tosa should be removed

Back
Top Bottom