Television Whats on TV?

you know me finger on the pulse. like when i loved elf 14 yrs after its release. but how good is house of cards halfway through Series 2 & fully understand why everyone raved about it now. brilliant writing that gets better every episode. the shock death at start of series 2 & then the monologue was incredible. currently love the fight between Tusk & Frank

you know me finger on the pulse. like when i loved elf 14 yrs after its release. but how good is house of cards halfway through Series 2 & fully understand why everyone raved about it now. brilliant writing that gets better every episode. the shock death at start of series 2 & then the monologue was incredible. currently love the fight between Tusk & Frank
The original UK series is superb.

Yes, definitely watch the first two series of the BBC version. Absolutely brilliant tv (based on the book by Michael Dobbs). The first two series are so well plotted and, at the time, was some of the best tv of the era).

The third series is a bit shit (and Dobbs had his name taken off the series).

You have to watch all three series as it does tie it all up nicely but the third series does stretch of the credulity somewhat.

The first two series are great.

I think only series one is on Britbox at the moment but I have all three on DVD

Andyoak and FB, after watching episode 2 we couldn't wait for the following week so binge watched the lot on the iTV Hub.

All I can say is, I hope they make the other books and the Lotus Elite still looks absolutely gorgeous.

Jimmy Savile Netflix documentary is absorbing & shocking watch in equal measure. fascinating to see way Savile telling everyone the truth for decades. but his personality made everyone think it wasnt true because it was just risque punchline

FB_IMG_1653067590892.jpg

The Obi-wan Kenobi series is a pretty big let down.

There's absolutely zero threat. We already know that the main protagonists survive. When we finally got to the showdown between Darth and Kenobi in episode 3 we know for a fact that neither will be killed so its all a little boring.

There's a host of other quibbles as Disney carry on retconning every aspect of the Star Wars story.

It does look great though.

Make sure you watch the first 2 seasons otherwise it won't make sense.

It's definitely different!

Season 2 was a bit meh in places but there were some good bits.

Will do. The trouble is, I normally have to wait until everyone has gone to bed to get control of the remote so it's always a late night.

Back
Top Bottom