Television Whats on TV?

We've just finished watching The Expanse on Amazon Prime. It's 66 episodes spread over 6 series.

An excellent combination of science fiction, mystery and adventure. It very, very cleverly deals with 21st Century issues in a futuristic setting without getting all preachy. The bad guys sometimes do good things and the good guys sometimes do bad things.

It's a long run once you start watching but I'd highly recommend it.

just got to watch the race across the world S3 final. & it is great show. proof sometimes the best shows are simple shows. 5 pairs of people from all backgrounds 2 x Father daughter, a pair of brothers, husband & wife, 2 Best friends. you got the airfare money to travel by land & sea to get from 1 side of canada to the other

temp 1.jpg

. And if you want an "remake" of Columbo, watch Poker Face on Sky Max.
Gave this a whirl based on this review and because I'm a massive fan of Columbo.

It replicates the murder of the week style of Columbo where we how the murder was committed first and then we watch the central figure solve the crime. It's funny and really well acted.

Love it.

For those who like a bit of the sword and sorcery, Lord of the Rings style of drama, I can highly recommend The Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime.

Some seriously bad ass female sorcerers. Plenty of fighting and action with some good twists and turns. Absolutely brilliant visuals. TV Dramas have come a long, long way from painted backgrounds and wobbly sets.

The story of the Whitehouse break-in is being retold in The Whitehouse Plumbers. The two main people involved, G Gordon Liddy and E Howard Hunt are extreme caricatures, although given the weirdos and looneys who inhabit the Republican Party they may not be that far from the truth.

ive been watching tv that has been brilliant over the last few days. so shoutout to

S3 E8 of Only murders in the Building. when the penny dropped & realisation of a many strands coming together was brilliant

S1 E7 of Full Monty, a very well acted show & such sad ending

S2 Finale of Derry girls, i dont remember anything from that IRA period. by only reference is when i was 7 wondering why there was a horse race on after school on monday afternoon instead of cbbc show, but i love how its written, with the light & shade, how you can go from the comedy or joyful moment to quite emotional moments. i feel like ive gotten a glimpse into what it was liked then

S16 taskmaster 1 of the funniest shows on tv

ive watched a few of UKs Jeopardy & its a good show i understand its success, i like stephen fry. but i wont be continuing, as its biggest flaw is its a hour long. & that too long for a show that is basically the same for 50 mins, sometimes i don't know what goes through the heads of producers

from research, ive read its been going nearly 60yrs & is an institution, 1 of longest running tv shows in the world. probably to them what countdown is to us. so i don't get why producers thought right we will bring hugely successful half hour show over here but were going to make an hour. surely if aint it broke don't fix it. if its been going for nearly 60yrs at 30 mins. have it over here for 30 mins

Last edited:
I watched Crime which is a Police Drama based in Edinburgh which you can get on ITVX or if you live in Scotland on the STVPlayer. I really enjoyed it.

ive watched a few of UKs Jeopardy
Jeopardy sucked when it was on years ago and nothing has really changed. I watched a bit of it today and it's a total snooze fest. :sleeping:

If you want a quiz with Jeopardy then how about you have 30 seconds to answer a list of questions or you get smacked in the knackers with a sledge hammer. That's real jeopardy.

Where the hell is the jeopardy in answer a question with a question?

Yeah, you're correct all of this shite are just cheap slot fillers.

Now I've recently read they are thinking about bringing back Bullseye on ITV and maybe looking at Paddy McGuiness to host it. FFS !!!! Nooooooo :givemestrength:

If you want a quiz with Jeopardy then how about you have 30 seconds to answer a list of questions or you get smacked in the knackers with a sledge hammer. That's real jeopardy.
LOL

Now I've recently read they are thinking about bringing back Bullseye on ITV and maybe looking at Paddy McGuiness to host it. FFS !!!! Nooooooo :givemestrength:
how many times are they going to try to resurrect that show

More to the point how many chances does Paddy McGuinness get to ruin a successful program, however in the case of Bullseye they've found a crappy show and a presenter that matches

Isn't it odd that there is no mention, at all, ever, of this person in ITV's Mr Bates versus the Post Office - Adam Crozier - Wikipedia. This is in spite of him being CEO of The Post Office between 2003 and 2010, the height of the period when they were prosecuting anyone who even went in to a Post Office to buy a stamp.

I wonder why ITV wouldn't make mention of the former CEO of ITV between 2010 and 2017 in a "no holds barred" docu-drama where they threw just about anyone working for the Post Office during this time under the bus. Anyone else smell something fishy? I think I can smell a rotting pile of fish guts and heads the size of Grimsby.

Yes I wondered why previous CEO's weren't mentioned, I'm sure there were more than two covering the period 1999 to 2020, the Horizon system was set up under Tony Blair's government and continued for more than ten years before the LibDem Tory alliance government. I wonder why a Japanese company received the contract, at that time Japanese companies were very good at electronic hardware but not software.

I've been watching some of the Post Office Inquiry sessions and that's been bad enough. I don't think I could watch a program with that leve of corruption in it without putting something through the TV.

watched the 1st episode of drive to survive yesterday morning. it gets rightful criticism of taking creative license when it comes to the racing. but the behind the scenes is very good.

we found out the answer to the question, what does he rate higher his sons success or his teams success because there is no doubt aston martin finished 5th in constructors was down to his son because aston martin with a driver closer to alonso couldve had 3rd or mayve even 2nd but Lawrence stroll said im a dad 1st businessmen 2nd

Lando & carlos asking all the pressing questions about Lances recovery

also netflix knew exactly what they doing ehen they but this on trailer for preview to the rest of the series

20240226_103555_009.jpg
20240226_103555_024.jpg
20240226_103555_028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom