Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

vettel is a lot like prost, obviously he is a quality driver, you have to be to become world champion 4 times, but he is rarely entertaining out in front.as you got to remember he done a better than Schumacher as vettel has had his 96 season in 2015 & 2016. was a underdog in 2017 (even if Singapore cost himself) I think Mercedes will want Vettel more than vice versa. Ferrari have history & like it or not are the top of the pinnacle of motorsport. the 3 things every driver wants to do in 1 off situation, win their home race, win the Monaco gp, win Italian gp in a Ferrari.

I did also read Toro Rosso might be inviting Kvyat back to drive for them. I was like :o

I would be shocked obviously max would be a big supporter because everytime kyvat is dumped max wins the following the race. but red bull could ask but after the horrendous way they treated him over a couple of years mentally & emotionally. if his response wasnt :censored: off. then Id be disappointed. on toro rosso it seems to benefit both parties red bull need a driver & liberty media would like the media image of F2 champion progressing, is it too complicated for Toro Rosso to say the F2 champ will get a seat at our team in 2019

...as opposed to some contributors on the internet. (re: post #438, previous page)

Well we all have our own opinions don't we? If we all thought the same thing about everyone and everything this place would get pretty boring I reckon. It is the differing views that keeps us all discussing the sport we all love.

F1Brits_90 Autosport are running a story about it now, so it must be true about Kvyat. My first thought is I'd be inclined to tell them where to shove their offer if I was him too, but then again if you want to race and they offer you the chance to do so and it's the only chance you have..... I don't know.

Kvyat emerges as a contender for shock Toro Rosso F1 return in 2019

maybe it like what they say about women being pregnant they block out how painful the birth was or problems of the prior 9 months. when they are want another one. but I cant remember seeing a driver treated so dreadfully. I remember horner extending sainz Riccardo & Verstappen contracts. but leaving kyvat out to dry & the german gp post qualifying interview, kyvat was on the verge of tears in the pens because of what red bull had put him through

for me if he goes back that would top easily the biggest shock of this silly season

Ruslan You meant Gasly with Verstappen at Red Bull, not Sainz, you put him in twice ;)

I did also read Toro Rosso might be inviting Kvyat back to drive for them. I was like :o
Oops. Not sure how I made that mistake. On the other hand, I think Red Bull really mis-handled Kvyat. He was really a good driver and they managed to completely disrupt him and demoralize him. I would like to see him back. He is the one Russian driver who clearly deserved to be in f1.

Kvyat has a tough break when Verstappen replaced him, but it was the right move for Red Bull, Verstappen and F1 - Kvyat wasn’t good enough to stay is all. He then failed to impress, so I can’t imagine why he’d be any better than average at best if he were to return. Which would be dull.

Kvyat is gethinceri's favourite driver.

Just a quick word on Prost. I can't let the 'not entertaining' thing go. Prost never qualified high up so always came through the field - in a time when coming through the field was not a stroll through the park. It was always entertaining. True he had a smooth driving style so didn't throw the car around Mansell/Senna style but he was always great to watch.

Meant to mention that with 3 rounds to go Dan Ticktum now leads the F3 championship by 11 points. It's looking very positive for him to get that Torro Rosso drive now.

Ok. Triple post. Sorry.

Just found this article on Ticktum

F1: Why Red Bull can’t promote Dan Ticktum, its latest rising star, into Toro Rosso for 2019 | FOX SPORTS

It seems that even if he wins F3 Ticktum would be 10 points short of a super licence. 5 can be awarded at the discretion of drivers council - and they probably would. That leaves him 5 points short. Now he can earn them before the start of the 2019 if he gets first or second place in the Toyota New Zealand series in January (many drivers from the junior series go and race there) but would Red Bull really wait that long? He is very popular with the big bosses so maybe.

Ticktum is really paying for the horrible incident which led to his two year ban. Some, me include after seeing the footage, would say deservedly so.

RasputinLives it wouldn't surprise me as they are desperate, the fact they could get a red bull backed driver 1 seat they will & very well could say subject to superlicence. & dan ticktum will walk to new Zealand if he meant he would get shot in F1

Like I said I can't remember a N0o1 driver being at Ferrari that long without delivering the title and subsequently not getting replaced. I'll disregard both Massa and Barrichello

Schumacher finally won his drivers in his 5th season at Ferrari although the argument would be he would have won in 1999 if he did not have his accident

Alesi last 5 years at Ferrari but had to move because they had signed Schumacher . Interestingly it was Alesi that had to be replaced first not Berger who was a better politics player.

Alonso lasted 5 years at Ferrari because he simply had enough of politics that Ferrari could not get their house in order even though he finished 2nd 3 times

Alboreto lasted 5 year - he was No 1 but eventually was forced into a No 2 role

-------------------

I am sure Mercedes would consider Vettel seeing they've had a world champion in one of their cars since they came back in 2010 if Hamilton leaves the sport

Ferrari might go all out to get Verstappen by offering him a whopping contract to get him say $50m a year - how many people would say no to Ferrari if they offered you this much

Interesting to heat Steiner says Ocon is one of the contenders for a race seat with the team in 2019 given the supposed association the team has with Ferrari and Ocon is a Merc man

Several sources are reporting that Leclerc and Ferrari agreed on a contract for 2019, whilst Marchionne was in charge, but the new boss wants to keep Raikkonen. Raikkonen will either retire after the season or Leclerc will receive compensation from Ferrari so that they can keep Raikkonen for another year.

Back
Top Bottom