Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

Confirmed. Carlos out Dan in at Renault.

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 13.05.43.png

I think this is a good decision for Daniel, even if he has to take some pain whilst Renault continue to rebuild. The start of HIS career as opposed to Red Bull's chosen path.

I know why he has made this decision. Quite clearly Red Bull are invested in Max and he wants his own team to lead and thinks Renault will be it. Whether Renault can give him the car he needs is one question - whether it's wise to take on Nico Hulkenberg on his own turf is another.

With all due respect, it is not a surprise. Situation at RBR was unsustainable for him. One could feel it. Lukewarm interest from RB, long delay of announcement - all indicated a change was in the offing, whilst MB and Ferrari alike had phone lines disconnected.

Where is Sainz going? What I do not get why would Vandoorne has to leave as rumored? His problem is, he has to drive a car constructed for Alonso, and he is experiencing the same problems as Kim and Hamilton did.

I'm happy for Ricciardo, he deserves a chance, Renault have a long term project, Reb Bull have taken a gamble (but will probably find a way of succeding, I guess that they will threaten Liberty to withdraw both RBR and STR unless they are handed over some silverware, as they did in the past)

so who's joining Max at Red Bull? Gasly? and if Gasly moves to RBR, who are they going to hire at STR?

I was hoping Ocon will move to Renault, but now his future is not certain. Maybe another year with FI under a new ownership? Problem is with FI, development (2018 / 2019) probably was suspended since there has to be be freeze on spending.

If Lawrence Stroll buys in to FI might we see Mercedes place Ocon at Williams for a season or two before either Lewis leaves or they get fed up with Valterri?

I do recall how Sainz wished to leave, and RB deny release from contract, keeping him in shackles in a lesser team. Today, situation begs a question why Sainz wasn't already announced as a partner to Verstappen if he was so precious in the past? Don't tell me that RB wasn't prepared for this alternative, and now they are scrambling in panic.

That RBR's junior team has terrible history how they treat people under Dr. Marko, who once again proven that he is really a hard man.

Well, this is good news for DR and Renault. If you recall, I was the one who was saying DR might be better off going to McLaren instead of staying at Red Bull. Renault is even a better choice. In the end, the choice is being a lackey or being a man. I am glad to see this.

Now, where does Perez and Ocon go? They are two drivers as good as or better than Hulkenberg.

I can't see Red Bull taking Alonso, they usually like the young and exciting up and coming drivers. He's older and although he could be considered exciting at times, he's not exactly a good fit for them selling their energy drink is he?

Why would anyone expect Alonso go to a team with a Honda engine in it and why would Honda ever consider supplying engines to a team with Alonso in it?

I can't see Red Bull taking Alonso, they usually like the young and exciting up and coming drivers. He's older and although he could be considered exciting at times, he's not exactly a good fit for them selling their energy drink is he?
I can only imagine Alonso and Verstappen on the same team. Jos the Boss would end up getting charged for assault a third time.

Back
Top Bottom