Vettel's next team mate SPECULATIONOMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its easy to say that. Apart from 2011 I don't think the Red Bull has been the mighty unbeatable machine people try and make out it was. I think Hamilton and Alonso have both had the machinary over the course of each season and have not been able to hold the consistancy when they have it as Vettel has been able to when he's had it.

Well Hamilton had the machinery last year, and the consistency with driving, but not the reliability or team support. 2011 the Red bull was in a class of its own, and Hamiltons pushing the limits to get on terms with it probably contributed to his inconsistency that year. 2010 was close, all three made errors, Vettel just as much as the other two. Difficult to say I guess but I still think that Bull has the edge more times than not and gives Vettel a cushion. He was saving tyre from lap three at Spa :o

I think the title of this thread is very apt as it has the word speculation in it. myself teabagyokel and RasputinLives are pointing out that love him or hate him, Vettel had done a fantastic job in the Red Bull and that he is probably the best driver in F1.

The others are saying yes but if Kimi, Lewis or Fernando were in that car they would have done as good a job if not better than Vettel has done, and that is pure speculation it cannot be proven that they would have.

The only way to prove whether or not it is true is if one of them becomes his teammate and beats him and that just ain't gonna happen....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jen
All of this garbage about how superior the RB is strikes me as being as foolish as all of the carping about how great the Ferrari was while Schumacher was there!

Cars aren't developed in a vacuum, they require insightful input from the driver(s) to progress over time. That is how the Ferrari became unbeatable, and, IMO is how the RB has become the car it is. No doubt some will attempt to ascribe the cars' success to Newey, while ignoring that Newey cars were routinely drubbed by Schumacher and the Red Menace team.

Well , i don't think Hamilton would have won the championship in the last 3 years racecub. Hamilton is a top talent, don't get me wrong, but he's somewhat to emotionally effected when things don't go well with his personal life. The 2011 season is a perfect example of that, he drove without his head, cause that part was with Nicole. However, it seems he's grown after his result at Hungary this year.

Last edited:
He was saving tyre from lap three at Spa :o

I think you're looking at that the wrong way. As we've seen in the past Red Bull telling Seb to 'save tyres' means there scared of him being on it when the work is already done.

Suggesting that those first two laps were down to the Red Bull alone is really really really not giving Vettel his dues. He's amazing at the begining of races and that was one of his best.

I think you're looking at that the wrong way. As we've seen in the past Red Bull telling Seb to 'save tyres' means there scared of him being on it when the work is already done.

Suggesting that those first two laps were down to the Red Bull alone is really really really not giving Vettel his dues. He's amazing at the begining of races and that was one of his best.
I wasn't trying to take anything away from Vettel, his start was excellent, I'd say Alonso's was better and Hamilton did all he could given his car that day.
It was more a comment on the luxury of being able to save tyres so early on, while presumably Alonso and Hamilton were breaking their necks behind him to get on terms.

He had the luxary because he created the gap and I'm not talking about his start I'm talking about his first two laps. To be on it so quick when your venturing into the unknown where the track conditions, tyre temps and all other stuff is completley unknown and to be that much quicker than the field you already have a 3 second gap come the end of lap 2 is nothing to be taken lightly.

Thats before we even get to the point about him delib saving all his KERS off the start so he had it there to use it to get past Hamilton

Damn fast driver too. It will be very interesting to see how Ricciardo gets on next year. Doubtless he will be No.2 to Vettel but ten he hasn't won multiple races and 3 WDC. Somehow I think he will do better than Webber who has proven, to me at least, that he is the journey man I always thought he was.

Perhaps 2014 will see a repeat of 1988, with the two Red Bulls running round in 1-2 formation and beat McLaren's record of 15 wins in a season - there's a happy thought for you all :D

We never see Webber do it.

Bet it was the driver when Lewis did it at Hungary right? ;)

Lewis made the most of his car, as Seb does.

Yes FB damn fast driver too.:chuffed:

Now if you really want me to tell you why Webber doesn't do it ...I can:whistle:

Last edited:
teabagyokel
Then again he was robbed cruelly in 1986 to Ron's delight

------
Only Chapman and Williams thought Mansell was world champion material..no one else did because he lost to his teammates every season.

Ricciardo losing to Vergne may not sound great but I can also add in that category Raikkonen losing to Heidfield over a season but Ron thought Kimi fitted Mclaren better long term

Hamilton is a top talent, don't get me wrong, but he's somewhat to emotionally effected when things don't go well with his personal life. The 2011 season is a perfect example of that, he drove without his head, cause that part was with Nicole. However, it seems he's grown after his result at Hungary this year.

Last season, Lewis surely didn't as you say " drive without his head, " even with whatever emotional problems that he may have been having with Nicole at the time. I believe last year that Lewis, gave one of his best performances season wise, and stood a reasonable chance of winning the 2012 WDC if it wasn't for many unfortunate incidents, which was beyond his control.

Boy's this isn't the bloody Lewis Hamilton thread, does he have to invade every thread I read for christ's sake? He isn't even in the frame for a RedBull drive...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom