Vettel has been using a damaged chassis

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
According to Red Bull, they have identified a problem in the chassis Sebastian Vettel used in Monaco.

Christian Horner said: "Sebastian Vettel experienced some handling peculiarities with his current chassis during the Monaco GP. Upon further investigation a small defect was found on his chassis, which will be replaced for the next race in Turkey."

This throws up a few questions.

1. Is this the reason Mark has been able to comprehensively beat Sebastian at the last 2 races? If so, when did the problem occur?
  2. What is the actual problem and how did they find it? Horner is being very vague on the details.
  3. Is there in actual fact a real problem or is it more of a way of reassuring Sebastian that there is nothing wrong with the car?
  4. If Mark beats Sebastian again in Turkey what will that say...?

The next race is going to be fascinating to see who comes out on top.

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:
teabagyokel said:
Oh dear, I hear my excuses alarm is going off...

Sorry but i have to agree there. sounds a little convenient considering Vettel is also a product of the Red Bull system.

Agreed; the B.S. alarms are starting to go off over this one. I mean, what team in their right mind lets a driver run with a damaged chassis. Could be worse, though..........imagine the conspiracy theorists at work if it was reversed and Webbo had the damaged chassis instead of Sebby V....... :o :o :o :censored: :o

Matthew Little said:
Could be worse, though..........imagine the conspiracy theorists at work if it was reversed and Webbo had the damaged chassis instead of Sebby V....... :o :o :o :censored: :o

I read that article and as it happens webber's chassis was changed after the bahrain race.. :whistle:

Christian Horner said:
Sebastian Vettel experienced some handling peculiarities with his current chassis during the Monaco GP. Upon further investigation a small defect was found on his chassis, which will be replaced for the next race in Turkey.

Is that a techincal term or what? Can a "small defect" make you lose 0.3 seconds per lap?

There was a tongue in cheek thread in another place entitled "Vettel to change chassis for Turkey" bet it would still be faster than the HRT :snigger: It's been deleted now, miserable buggers.

Made me laugh LOL

Yes I saw that on 606 too :D

As usual though the mod's chickened out and plucked it from the list of threads.

I know.....
coat.gif

Back
Top Bottom