Toyota TF109

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
Thanks Penske :thumbsup:

P.S. Hope you don't mind but I've renamed the thread just to make it easier when searching, etc.

Porceliamone

This cost me a tenner, but so L'Oreal.
Contributor
No matter how long I look, no matter on how sleek the cars look, I just can't get over how silly that rear wing is...

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
I like it - very clean looking.

I notice it has a tuning vane (or something) on the side-pods.
A similar device to the one on the Ferrari F60 except on the Toyota it doesn't extend down to the floor.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
It looks a lot smarter than the Ferrari. It has managed to retain some flappy bits at the back end of the side pods so it's not completely smooth. Judgeing by the fact these are painted black I presume they are part of the exhaust system.

I still don't think those ultra high noses are a good thing. I can't see how those really long front wing supports will last with all the bouncing and banging likely to go on. I wouldn't be suprised if we see them get a bit smaller and the front nose get a bit lower.

I know look forward to seeing what the others come up with. It looks like for the first time in a long while we aren't going to have an entire field of clone cars but lots of different looks and styles.

If the old adage that "if it looks right it is right" holds true then this should prove to be Toyotas most competative car. They must think they are in with a chance otherwise they would have done a Honda.

Speshal

World Champion
Valued Member
Hmmmmmm the car looks quite nice and as previously mentioned it will be nice to see a grid of non identakit cars on the grid but............

That front wing..... it looks like a Panasonic billboard with cow catchers on the ends - WTF is going on there? LOL

Speaking of WTF, I was looking for an overhead of the TF 108 for comparison but couldn't find one but I did find this :o

Attachments

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
Battastic! :D

There doesn't appear to be an official overhead shot of the TF108.

There are some images here at the bottom of the page: TF108

The TF109 is here: TF109

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
cider_and_toast said:
It looks a lot smarter than the Ferrari. It has managed to retain some flappy bits at the back end of the side pods so it's not completely smooth. Judgeing by the fact these are painted black I presume they are part of the exhaust system.
No, they are painted black in order that the FIA don't notice them!

Top Bottom