Television Top Gear

I think you always have to maintain a clear distinction between any given system and the individual within it. And the most honorable thing one can do when confronted with an unsatisfactory system is to choose to work within it and do your bit to change, rather than moan about it.

I feel very philosophical today. :yes:

Incubus ..... Which is precisely what my father did for all the years he gave to public service. I'm not sure whether your posting was aimed at me but if it was, in my previous posting I wasn't moaning, just defending my family, I thought that was clear.

Last edited:
No I don't Incubus, your posting directly followed mine and I read the other previous postings and mine appeared to be the only one that your comments appeared to be aimed at. I wasn't having a go at you Incubus or taking your comments personally , just clarifying my posting in case you misunderstood what I meant. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
People are too sensitive nowadays. They compare you to Hitler when you joke about how Asians drive and charge you with assault when you poke them with your finger, but these same people wouldn't give up their seat on a bus for a disabled veteran. Common sense, integrity and grit are gone, replaced by political correctness, greed and narcissism.

News reaching New Zealand says Top Gear will carry on without Jeremy Clarkson. He's been axed.
The BBC will make an announcement in a several hours.

If the reports were accurate: that he flew into a twenty minute tirade against his boss, followed by physically assaulting him for 30 seconds, all because he didn't get the dinner he wanted, then he richly deserves to be sacked.

Any one of us would be, if we did the same thing.

Top Gear! Reverse Gear more like the program will be dead in less than one series without Jezza...

And I'm not just saying that I believe it will crash and burn without him, lets be honest it had almost run it's course anyway...

I reckon we will see Jezza on ITV in the near future and he will probably get his two mates to join him, they won't use the Top Gear format but it will probably be something similar, and probably better as well..

you can't go around physically abusing people you work with.
You can if they piss you off I punched a foreman in the mouth once cuz I didn't like his attitude, well he gave my personal mobile phone number to a sales rep without my permission like I was his secretary or something so I kinda of lost it a bit, he got the sack not me..

Last edited:
I imagine someone will give him his own show. I also suspect that it won't survive its first season, striking a major blow to Clarkson's ego.

Meph,
In most of the countries I am familiar with, you would have been arrested for punching your boss, or anyone else. I don't think that I would be boasting about it.

Back
Top Bottom