Television Top Gear

..... and we've all known he's a twat (and t'other 2) for years and years, so if they're not to your taste, don't watch!

Bit like Cowell, Pants & Dec or Stephen Fry & Alan Davies - all equally twatish, but I will still watch QI.

I'm going to stick up for Clarkson. Not because I'm a great fan of Top Gear - I haven't watched it for years, formulaic nonsense, although sometimes entertaining or there was always a 'better' programme option at the time!

I have, however, read several of his books. Always well written, intelligent, logically thought out and entertaining, although at times not very PC.

I am a fan of his writing because I find the PC brigade to be intrusive, small-minded and bland little oiks, and just occasionally, that needs to be pointed up.

I am also finding the unprecedented power of all broadcasters to exert their will quite alarming. They are here to report news, not create it - especially when there is a significant lack of evidence before making judgement.

So, on that bombshell ......give him his job back and stop acting like dictators.

Another tack regarding Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear, and just for the record I do watch it and often enjoy it, but there is a significant but, and this applies to far more than just Top Gear. Society needs to look long and hard at itself when a persons behaviour, regardless of the level of offence created, is accepted based on money generated by that person for the business or company that employs him. No one should be able to buy the right to offend, that can become very damaging. One example is the nurse that was caring for Kate Middleton, who took her own life due to two Australian radio hosts attempt at being funny. A tragic ending that lost its humour very quickly leaving a husband without a wife and two young people without a mother. There are times when a little political correctness can be helpful to say the least.

Just a point, and not wishing to condone violence, or alleged violence in the workplace, but everything Jeremy Clarkson says on air is either scripted, not by him i believe, or subject to editorial. There are many people who say controversial things which may upset, frankie boyle being one who leaps to mind, and to castigate one man for it seems a bit fri olous.

Yes, the man may be a twat, but i am sure a lot of the instances are simply scripted to enhance that persona, not necessarily an expresion of his views.

I think it's common knowledge that it's scripted.

As for the "fracas", apparently it was because Clarkson wanted a steak but was instead offered a platter of cold meats.

Twat.

:D

Well that platter of cold meat looks yuk. So if he was offered something like that, and then told that was what he had to eat, I can't blame him for losing it.
I don't want to be told what I can and can't eat, anymore than I want to be told what I can and can't watch. If everything I didn't like on TV was taken of air, there would be uproar.
As it is, if I don't like it, I don't watch it. Live and let live.
For those who want a more technical motoring program why don't you campaign for one. Why does Top Gear have to be sacrificed just because it isn't the program you want. Go make your own.
:givemestrength:

But he does though, He's got a face like what's left of the skull when our grandmothers back in the fifties used to cook sheep's head stew...

Even call me Dave is backing Clarkson he reckons his kids are devastated that Top Gear isn't being shown on Sunday.

Two things, one I'm surprised that Dave remembers he has children and two hasn't he got something more important to be getting on with....

"Because he is a talent and he does amuse and entertain so many people, including my children who'll be heartbroken if Top Gear is taken off air, I hope this can be sorted out because it is a great programme and he is a great talent."

http://news.sky.com/story/1442567/jeremy-clarkson-is-huge-talent-says-cameron

Two things, one I'm surprised that call me Dave remembers he has children and two hasn't he got something more important to be getting on with....
So, when he was asked a direct question on a specific subject you would have preferred him to say '**** off you twat!' :givemestrength:

I am a fan of his writing because I find the PC brigade to be intrusive, small-minded and bland little oiks, and just occasionally, that needs to be pointed up.

The PC brigade are now employed by Perception PLC whose latest blurb goes something like:

"Have you ever been offended by anything - we're here to help you broadcast it to the world.
And even if you haven't noticed being offended we are fully capable of perceiving one on your behalf.

Here at Preception PLC our core beliefs are that:
ALL politicians are crooks
ALL 1970's celebrities are perverts (as are ALL Catholic priests)
ALL policemen are racists
ALL men are mysoginists

Call now and let us show you what you have to be offended about!

Last edited:
Dash Racing .... My father was a local body politician for over twenty years of his life and was the most honourable man I've ever known. Even today twenty two years after his death the City of New Plymouth has an ageing population that looks back at his life with love and a genuine appreciation for the effort and money he gave for the good of the people and the city he represented.
ramilas1 .... My family is not doing very well here. Two of my nephews are cops, one on the frontline in New Zealand, the other on the frontline in London. I'm very proud of both of them, they have to put up with more crap from criminals than you would believe, especially my nephew in NZ.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom