Television Top Gear

Since when has anyone tuned into Top Gear believing it is a car show? It's just a bit of a laugh and tomfoolery that's all and doesn't pretend to be otherwise, so criticising it for not being a car show is like criticising rugby for not being football.

Top Gear is just a bit of light entertainment on an otherwise boring Sunday night if you don't like it then I would suggest you don't watch it, maybe watch songs of praise instead or something..

Of course there is always Fifth Gear if you want to watch a car show...

Yes but it changed and everyone knows that. Did you know that Peter Benchley originally conceived Jaws as a comedy? Stuff changes and in Top Gears case it was a change for the better or it wouldn't still be going and it wouldn't be the biggest selling show the BBC has and is copied all over the planet..

OK I'll conclude my contribution to this thread by urging the following course of of action:

JEREMY...

CLARKSON...

MUST BE...

HUNTED DOWN...

...AND DESTRO-O-O-O-O-O-OYED-.-

Last edited:
Are you saying the majority's always right?
What makes you say that? I'm merely pointing out that millions of people watch and are entertained by Top Gear and it makes the Beeb money, there is no right or wrong involved like cider_and_toast toast pointed out I don't know what happened and neither does anyone else but there seems to be booze involved and we all know that shit happens when booze is involved I believe I will wait until we know more details before I cast judgement on Clarkson...

What makes you say that? I'm merely pointing out that millions of people watch and are entertained by Top Gear and it makes the Beeb money, there is no right or wrong involved

---------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I agree with you on that one. People are free to watch whatever they like and after all to a certain extent we as a people get the media we deserve, or better of for worse.

Then again the purpose of this forum is to say exactly what we think about it all isn't it? Wouldn't be much point in any forum otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom