With Button and Hamilton together at McLaren, time indeed for a slightly bizarre quiz about the times that 2 past World Champions have been manacled together at the same team.
- Which was the first season in which 2 past World Champions were team-mates?
1953 - Farina (50) and Ascari (52). Of course, people we now know to have been World Champions were team-mates in all the previous seasons!
- Jim Clark's final win in 1968 came with Graham Hill as a team-mate. How far was the 1962 World Champion behind the 1963 & 65 World Champion?
(a)5.3s (b)10.3s (c)15.3s (d)20.3s or (e)25.3s
- Which former World Champion was team-mate to Emerson Fittipaldi in 1974?
Denny Hulme at McLaren
- When Keke Rosberg accompanied Alain Prost in 1986, Prost became double World Champion. Ahead of Rosberg in the Championship were three past/future World Champions, Senna, Mansell and Prost. Who else beat Rosberg?
- At the 1989 Japanese Grand Prix, who was the only former World Champion not in a McLaren?
- What was Senna's lowest points finish in 1989?
2nd at the Hungarian GP (won by Mansell). All his other points came from 6 wins! Prost won the title by dint of finishing races.
- Name a World Champion's son who was team-mate to a former World Champion, except Nelsinho Piquet!
Damon Hill/Nigel Mansell 1994, Damon Hill/Alain Prost 1993, Michael Andretti/Ayrton Senna 1993. Please send me a PM if you can think of any others!
- Name a future World Champion paired with a past World Champion in the 2000s, not Hamilton/Alonso.
Button/Villeneuve 2003. Again any others, PM me.
- Who scored more points, Hamilton in 2008 or Button in 2009?
Hamilton 98-95 Button!
- What is the ratio of Hamilton's points in 2009:Hamilton's points in 2008
Exactly half. Lewis scored 49 points this year and 98 points last.