The Silverstone Wing is Open!

I still think they should have called it the Delta Wing, rather than the entirely unimaginative and predictable Silverstone Wing.

Delta for change and also a link to the RAF history via the delta wing bombers.

Hmm, not sure about that. The only delta wing bomber they had was the Vulcan, the rest of the V Bombers were conventionally bewinged, and Vulcans were introduced long after Silverstone was sold off. I think Chad's "Big Wing" would have been cool though

I'm sorry but they can pretty up Silverstone as much as they like with lakes and new pit complexes but it's was, is and will continue to be one of the dullest circuits on the calender both as a televisual event and, especially, as a paying spectator. What a shame the plan to move to Brands on a permanent basis in 2002 fell apart.

Ho hum.

I'm sorry but they can pretty up Silverstone as much as they like with lakes and new pit complexes but it's was, is and will continue to be one of the dullest circuits on the calender both as a televisual event and, especially, as a paying spectator. What a shame the plan to move to Brands on a permanent basis in 2002 fell apart.

Ho hum.
:rolleyes:

You grumpy old Tucker! I love going to Silverstone. I was at Becketts last year for the F1 in one of the new stands and it was fantastic. You could see the cars for all the best bits. Far better than going to Spa or something where you see a flash of light every 30 seconds. OK, Brands is my favourite track in the UK, but still, Silverstone is a fantastic, prestigious high speed circuit in my opinion.

Ho hum.

:( :rolleyes: :disappointed:

Ho hum.

I've been going there for years now and completely disagree. When have you been? Where did you spectate?

Back
Top Bottom